Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 02:37 PM   #21
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Now for someone that always can make adjustments to come out and say no room. You lost your touch OC. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
AquaMan, Turbs & B47, you're all wrong, it came from the factory like that. The ladder is on the driver side and no room for the license plate.

My ladder is on the 'right' side and the cable hook ups are on the 'right' side. It looks to me that they put the ladder on the 'left' side and to equal out the 'wrong' sides, put the license plate holder on the 'right' (wrong) side. Put the license plate holder on the drivers side and go on....

And we here in Mizzur-uh pronounce it Misery..... :

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Now for someone that always can make adjustments to come out and say no room. You lost your touch OC. Later RJD
Didn't design it, just bought it.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #24
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
My ladder is on the 'right' side and the cable hook ups are on the 'right' side. It looks to me that they put the ladder on the 'left' side and to equal out the 'wrong' sides, put the license plate holder on the 'right' (wrong) side. Put the license plate holder on the drivers side and go on....

And we here in Mizzur-uh pronounce it Misery..... :
Missouri is a good place to be from!

But it is a beautiful state. BTW!
Old 08-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #25
Alleged curmudgeon

I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by wz3mo View Post
Everyone is commenting on the sat connection which doesn't bother me as much as the manual crank hole for the slide being off 8"! Now I need to drill another hole to line it up and plug the old hole. None of which is really a big deal, just wanted to post a couple knucklehead things they did in production. Don't want this to turn ugly!
Not your fault. It was obvious you were just engaged in a little head-shaking, as you have every right to do, and I agree the more serious issue is the misplaced crank access. I also appreciate that you acknowledge these were just "knucklehead" things which are not a huge deal in the big scheme of things. The problem has become that every little issue raised on the forum leads to 20 malcontents jumping in to hijack the thread so they can rail against Forest River and its products without any regard to the nature or tone of the original post, let alone the fact that this is not a Forest River operated forum.

In my opinion, your use of the forum was proper, while the latter is not. I've become personally tired of it and should just stop posting till things here equilibrate.
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34); 2018 (39); 2019 (30); 2020 (16); 2021 (14); 2022 to date (12)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Everyone is commenting on the sat connection which doesn't bother me as much as the manual crank hole for the slide being off 8"! Now I need to drill another hole to line it up and plug the old hole. None of which is really a big deal, just wanted to post a couple knucklehead things they did in production. Don't want this to turn ugly!

I wonder which was done first the hole was drilled first and then the crank was put in, instead of mount the crank and then drill the hole and make sure they line up. I guess that would be to simple. That reminds me of my polecat, someone installed the dual pane window and new it was dirty and so did two other people, the salesman said I can put coke on that and clean it right up, yea right. It was between the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:11 PM   #27

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Just a simple question for you people who support the quality of FR products: How can anyone not wonder how the FR factory that produced and released this unit in this condition?

This is so obvious a mistake that almost anyone with a pulse would spot it - especially the so called FR QC people.

This latest thread regarding FR quality (or lack there of) continues to amaze me and some of the people who continue to either ignore it condone it.

Yes I know some will say it's not just a FR problem,but this is a FR forum and deals mostly with FR products.

I think the same thing but most of the time I ignore those posts because it ain't worth getting into a debate. Thank you for posting that.

OP-My previous rig had a tail light like that with the plastic extensions. They broke off and I lost my license somewhere. Bought another one like it and after several months found one of the mounting tabs broken and the license hanging sideways. Took it off and used two S.S. radiator hose clamps to attach it to my ladder frame. The first thing I did on current rig was to attach the plate to the ladder.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Are you still under warranty? Have FR send you a new panel. Tell them the problem and they should be able to cut the hole in the correct place. I had my front skirting panel damaged (of all places, some one ran into me in the Dealer parking lot when it was there to have another issue worked on ) and ordered a new panel and it came pre-cut and holes where they should be.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:29 PM   #29
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdad View Post
...The first thing I did on current rig was to attach the plate to the ladder.
What do you do for a light on the plate which most states require?
Old 08-24-2015, 03:51 PM   #30

wz3mo, I agree with you and understand your point, and I'm not a troll. I don't care if it takes 5 minutes to fix these problems, they should have been caught on the assembly line. Proves to me QC is severely lacking. The hole being offset 8 inches is HORRIBLE and inexcusable. As long as folks keep brushing things off QC will never improve.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:20 PM   #31
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Drill a hole in the license plate!
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:15 PM   #32
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainperry View Post
wz3mo, I agree with you and understand your point, and I'm not a troll. I don't care if it takes 5 minutes to fix these problems, they should have been caught on the assembly line. Proves to me QC is severely lacking. The hole being offset 8 inches is HORRIBLE and inexcusable. As long as folks keep brushing things off QC will never improve.
X2 - however some will continue to defend/condone this. If this kind of practice is so visible from the outside,then you can only imagine what's not visible. Well maybe you can see by seeing some photos people have posted here showing things wrong.

As far as the missed offset of the hole - how many people would be upset if the new car they brought had the gasoline filler door offset- same thing.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:17 PM   #33
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
Drill a hole in the license plate!
Or better yet - have your dealer drill the hole. They're used to correcting the factory screw-ups.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #34

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
What do you do for a light on the plate which most states require?
Don't do anything. The brake light is about the same distance from the top of the plate and slightly behind it. I have never driven at night.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:39 PM   #35

I have never understood the poor Quality control in the manufacturing of trailers. I had Sat cables not connected inside and an extra cable running in the ceiling that has no place to terminate.
Cuzdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:54 AM   #36

My camper had the satellite cables mixed up but it's no problem the service guy just ohm it out, I mean Amish built mine

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #37

My maiden voyage with a class c Forester was interesting. First the Big Foot leveler broke away from the frame, I later found a recall on line and they fixed the problem by bolting a bar from side to side to stop the inward pressure and breaking the weld. Same day when I connected the city water supply to the camper my bedroom was flooded, the hose clamp on the connector inside was never tightened.
rbreen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #38
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Didn't design it, just bought it.
But you are always making changes to something. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #39
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
But you are always making changes to something. Later RJD
Changed to led clearance, taillights, brake lights, etc. but didn't change location of license plate WHICH WAS FACTORY MOUNTED ON CURBSIDE!
Old 08-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Just a simple question for you people who support the quality of FR products: How can anyone not wonder how the FR factory that produced and released this unit in this condition?

This is so obvious a mistake that almost anyone with a pulse would spot it - especially the so called FR QC people.

This latest thread regarding FR quality (or lack there of) continues to amaze me and some of the people who continue to either ignore it condone it.

Yes I know some will say it's not just a FR problem,but this is a FR forum and deals mostly with FR products.
AMEN to that!!!!!!
danc is offline   Reply With Quote