Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 08:08 PM   #21

Essential mint oils work best. Mothballs don't seem to phase the critters that chewed through my primary cable in my truck. Citrus oils may work too. Haven't tried those.
MontyPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #22

I keep Deacon in all out building,,, including the garage !!!
The wife went out the other day to meet the FedX driver,,, there was a mouse sitting by the garage door licking his paws,,, he had no fear of people,,, he just sat there !!!
Or maybe he was sick,,, he sat there until I sweep him away with a broom !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:47 PM   #23

Mice

Hello
So we have a Sunseeker motorhome.This year we stored in a barn and although covered of course more holes in building for mice to get in.We had more droppings than I have ever seen.I had bagged all my cutlery,pots and pans and towels etc so it is easy to see if mice have been in those areas.I have used the peppermint oil the past two years but this year it seems they may have come in somewhere through the cab?Is it helpful to block all the air vents etc or what is the best defence for this??It really does take the fun out of camping!We intend to order the fresh cab as well.The oil of peppermint has helped but I guess I need to use in other areas.We do not have access once it is in storage.Our other option is to store in a more expensive location with cement floor etc(twice the price but maybe worth it!) Any advice appreciated!
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #24
Insert witty title here

If you want to know for sure if mice are getting in your camper, put a roll of toilet paper in the middle of the floor. If it's been chewed,, you've got a rodent infiltration.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote