Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2018, 09:25 AM   #1

Freshwater will not fill to capacity spec for Vibe

I have a 2016 Vibe 272BH. We bought this new and have had problems running out of water when dry camping. It is supposed to have a 44 gallon fresh water capacity per the specs. I have bought a flow meter, drained the fresh water tank and then filled it. It only allowed me to to put 26.9 gallons in the tank before it started to drain out of the overflow hose.

Any ideas or tips? Or has anyone else had this issue.
Big Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lee View Post
I have a 2016 Vibe 272BH. We bought this new and have had problems running out of water when dry camping. It is supposed to have a 44 gallon fresh water capacity per the specs. I have bought a flow meter, drained the fresh water tank and then filled it. It only allowed me to to put 26.9 gallons in the tank before it started to drain out of the overflow hose.

Any ideas or tips? Or has anyone else had this issue.
What's it look like from underneath?
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #3
llr

generally the fresh water capacity includes the water heater, still leaves you about 10 gallons short
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #4
Site Team

When you 'drained' it, did you use the drain port or did you just run the pump until it quit pumping water? You could get two different quantities depending on which you used.

The mfg's use total capacity of water, not usable capacity. So the tank, lines, filter and water heater could hold 44 gallons, but you'll never be able to use that much. Yeah, it's kinda deceptive, but that's how they do it.

You may be able to move the pump suction tube to a lower port or you may be able to add an extension to the existing tube in order to get a little more water out of the tank. But you're never going to get a usable 44 gallons with the factory set up.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:40 PM   #5

Are you filling it at home and then driving to your camping destination? We have the same exact model, and we were having the same exact problem....because we were filling it at home, we were always running out before the weekend ended. Started filling at/close to the campgrounds and the issue is completely gone!
Teddy57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe, water