Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #1

full-timer set up questions

Just a few questions on things i am pondering for my new lifestyle as i hope to be moved in next week. 1. The water adapter 90 degree angle that allows the hose to comr straight up so there seems to be no stress on it. Anyone use this? 2. Does anyone tie or anchor for bad storms ? And 3. I have a deck and was contemplating building an enclosed are to put a 30 gal hot water heater and hooking to 5er or the alternative on demand style and would love any inpug on pros and cons. Thank you in advance.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #2

The on demand heater would be your best bet.I would not want to pay the propane bill to heat a 30 gal. heater. As for the tie downs,how severe does the weather get where you are setting up? Could be a worthwhile investment.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #3

Well i am just south of chas sc and some of the thunderstorms in the summer can pack a pretty bad wind.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #4

I use a 90 degree adapter on my hose set up. I also have installed quick disconnect on my hose for quick and easy set up while traveling. No more leaks at hose ends!
Powellr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #5

I finally see it in my head now so can do it...i will get the 90 adapter and some 2" pvc pipe with an elbow, bring the water hose thru the pipe, add the elbow and anothee section of pipe then finish feeding hose thru and hook to the adapter. that way the water hose is protected on the ground from faucet all the way to rv against weather, sun and my riding mower/ weedwhacking.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #6

The 90 deg water psi regulator was one of the first things I bought , and use. I also got an in-line water filter that goes just before that.

My new TT has a built in water filter, but I still also use the external one. Man I must have some clean water.
Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #7

For full timing I would go to Lowes or Home depot and buy a whole house water filter system rather than mess with the small inline type.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #8

I am on a 440ft deep well and love the.water but am considering the inline because it is probably easier for me to change out the filters and i would use one because though i live the water, i know what well water can do over a period of time. May have to wait. a payday or two as i have to buy a tripod for the 5ers nose this week also.