Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2018, 10:20 AM   #1

Furring FOS 48 backup camera

I am thinking about purchasing this camera. I read some where that the image is reversed. That when backing up what is on the drivers side is shown on the passenger side of the monitor. Is this correct? This seems to be dumb to me for a backup camera. The reason I am thinking about this camera is my TT is prewired for this camera.
Tom
TomC1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC1944 View Post
I am thinking about purchasing this camera. I read some where that the image is reversed. That when backing up what is on the drivers side is shown on the passenger side of the monitor. Is this correct? This seems to be dumb to me for a backup camera. The reason I am thinking about this camera is my TT is prewired for this camera.
Tom
Prewired but no camera came with it? It's just wiring and should hook up to any camera
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Tom
Only if you have the running lights on the TT and pull the TV "Head On" to front of TT to just "Check" the system! Everything was Backwards,until my Wife said,"Turn the Truck around DumA$$"! Youroo!!
Old 11-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #4

I installed the Furrion observation camera this spring and love it. Initially, the screen view was reversed, but their is a button on the receiver in the cab to switch the view and now it's fine. If it's pre-wired for a Furrion, I'm not sure you can plug and play any other cameras. you can obviously clip off the plug and wire in another brand. And yes, on my model TT, the camera only runs when the lights are on.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Only if you have the running lights on the TT and pull the TV "Head On" to front of TT to just "Check" the system! Everything was Backwards,until my Wife said,"Turn the Truck around DumA$$"! Youroo!!
Maybe just me but I don’t understand how turning the truck around will help!
Tom
Old 11-09-2018, 01:22 PM   #6

Thinking image being reversed may be FR thing that is passed on. My outside lights are reversed, with driver side light switch turns light by door and the opposite on the other side. Some day will open up the gang of light switches and reverse wiring. As far as Furion 48 camera system it does have option to play with image. Like system, not very useful if sun is shining in tv cab, screen is hard to view. Great in shade or late afternoons
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #7

I believe you have to switch a couple wires in your hookup. Further, for a few $$ more you can get the observation camera which is on all the time your trailer running lights are on. Very good peace of mind.. good luck
thom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:23 PM   #8

Furrion Wireless Observation System

Quote:
Tom
I have had 2 Furrion Camera's. One of the 2 was replaced by Furrion Company both of them gave reception problems. I have gone with Camping Worlds Wireless Observation Camera and had no problems.
popinfresh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #9

Our fifth came with the Furrion FOS12 backup system. It was ok but had a very limited field of view. I swapped it for the FOS 48 observation system two years ago (took about 5 minutes) The field of view is far superior with the observation system as is the signal strength. I’ve never experienced any reversed images. Overall we’re very pleased with it.

Cheers
6.6 Duramax / Allison 1000
Flatlander49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:51 PM   #10

Just to put in my 2 cents worth...many cameras allow you to have it either mirror or non-mirror. A bigger concern is if you have bluetooth. Wireless cameras have problems when bluetooth is on.
marksteinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Tom
It is a setting on the camera. You can scroll through the menu and change it.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Tom
Yes, very useless that way. I found a manual online and discovered that there is a tiny switch on the control/interface unit (that's what i call it anyway). the trick was finding this unit. Mine was mounted out of site in the vertical column behind the driver's seat. Follow the cable from the display and you will find it.

Woody
Wood2Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #13

Go for it. I just bought one myself. It took*more time to read the instruction manual than install it. Plug and play
EhNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #14

I ordered the camera. Should have it by Monday. Thanks everyone for the information.
Tom