Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2021, 01:50 PM   #1

Furrion fridge suddenly not cold and dark

Fcr10dcdta suddenly is dark and not making cold anymore. How can I figure out what’s wrong and what to do?
Falada84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:13 PM   #2

I'm assuming this is the 12v fridge. The Furrion models are notorious for dying out of the blue and needing to be replaced. You can search the forums and find lots of posts with similar complaints. This is assuming you've checked your battery, power source, temperature dial etc. All the obvious things.
FrankH35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:21 PM   #3

I checked the main fuse and the fuse box outside. Have propane and everything else is working fine. Gonna pull it out and see if there is a second fuse in the back. I saw a few places mention that. I pulled it out yesterday but there was a panel and I wasn’t prepared to undo that. No electric checking tools or knowledge for that matter
Falada84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #4

That is a DC refrigerator, not propane. Do you have a dead battery? Plug in the camper and see what happens. I had a similar Furrion in my Cherokee and it was a piece of junk. Forest River replaced it under warranty.

Butch and Sharon
Goldsboro, NC
2020 Wolfpack 365Pack16
2018 Yamaha Star Venture TC in back
2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD DRW
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:37 AM   #5

Pencil me in as needing a replacement for the Furrion 12V...

Purchased a "2021" Grey Wolf 19SM last summer (2021 in quotes because it looks like it was a very early 2021 model...still has the old, white, solid friction hinge door, and this notorious fridge)

Walked out to the driveway the other day and kicked on the fridge to max. Trailer is connected to house power, and converter voltage is reading 13.2, so no battery issues should be present.

The fridge proceeded to cool down, and we started loading food for this weekend's trip yesterday. I noticed that the both the fridge and freezer compartments didn't seem all that cold though, after 24 hours. I decided to put two logging digital thermometers in the unit, and the temp in the fridge has only ranged from 41-45 in the past 24 hours...the freezer is between 26-27. I've turned it off for 10 minutes, disconnected the battery/ power, and nothing will get this unit to turn on or drop the interior temps.

I'm waiting on our dealer to open to give them a call, and I've already emailed Forest River service, but I think this one is done. It's worked OK for the past 8 months.

Looks like I'll be using a cooler until this one can get replaced with a different make/ model. (hopefully)
USMCStang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, furrion