Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2021, 08:27 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Dunes City, Or.
Posts: 61
Gas pistons not compressing

I recently had to remove the gas pistons under our bed. I removed the screws holding the pistons in place and removed the them. Now to put the pistons back in place I used the same holes to screw in the brackets, simple, right. Problem is the pistons will not move, I can not depress them to lower the bed down. What did I do wrong?
1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:15 AM   #2
Site Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 9,851
Those gas pistons do have a tendency to get stuck, and can be very hard to depress. It may be time to replace them.

Can you post some pictures of the label on the cylinders and how they're mounted?
__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:14 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Dunes City, Or.
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Those gas pistons do have a tendency to get stuck, and can be very hard to depress. It may be time to replace them.

Can you post some pictures of the label on the cylinders and how they're mounted?
No labels on the pistons, and I have no idea how to post pictures here. The good news is they are working, and they were a bit stuck. Thanks
1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:31 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 9,851
I'm glad you got them working, and thanks for coming back and letting us know that you got them working.

I'd look all over the cylinders and see if there are any markings on them so you can at least be ready when and if they do go bad.

If you can't find anything I'd call Cardinal and see if they can tell you what was used.
__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,866
Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1010 View Post
No labels on the pistons, and I have no idea how to post pictures here. The good news is they are working, and they were a bit stuck. Thanks
  1. Pictures must be on your computer, in a folder you know. (Pictures, Downloads, Documents, Desktop, etc.)
  2. In the editor, look for the paperclip icon, next to the icon. Click it.
  3. In the popup, navigate to the folder and select a picture.
  4. Repeat the previous step up to four times if desired.
  5. Click "Upload."
  6. Click "Close this window."
__________________
Larry
"Everybody's RV is not like your RV."
"Always take pictures with the button on the right."
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:21 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Dunes City, Or.
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
  1. Pictures must be on your computer, in a folder you know. (Pictures, Downloads, Documents, Desktop, etc.)
  2. In the editor, look for the paperclip icon, next to the icon. Click it.
  3. In the popup, navigate to the folder and select a picture.
  4. Repeat the previous step up to four times if desired.
  5. Click "Upload."
  6. Click "Close this window."
Thank you
1010
1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gas

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.