Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 04:22 PM   #21
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2t View Post
The Epoch Times is not a newspaper. It is published by the Chinese religious group Falun Gong to destabalise relations between the US and the Chinese governments through misinformation, as they are persecuted by the Chinese government. You would probably get more truthful information out of a fortune cookie. Do a little research before you start spreading Chinese propaganda.
Hell, you don't need a truthful source. All you have to do is stop by a gas station or go into a store. Hearing's deceiving, Seeing is believing.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 04:26 PM   #22

Election Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Gas has already spiked. On election day I was paying $2.50 for premium. Today it's $3.69.
I was noticing that the increase started after the election, too.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 04:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
I was noticing that the increase started after the election, too.
Remember people were at home from March of 2020, not many people traveled. Now with the vaccine things are getting back to normal. But I will bet anyone the oil companies will make record profits. Most of the increases in different States has to due with the road tax per gal. I think California is the highest tax. Just think we pay the tax which is designed to repair roads, instead States just add it to there coffers. Tow roads is good example, we pay tolls and some are the worst roads to drive on. We have been through this before, things will even out again soon. The RV industry is not going away. There are so many people traveling now that the are closing State and Federal parks. People where cooped up for along time. This will pass.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 05:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trawlerphil View Post
Cheer up! Electric truck are coming. Duke Energy charges $.11/kilowatt hour whether it rains, shines, during a hurricane or flood. Utilities don't have the ability to jack the prices up for every quirk in the weather or holiday. My Model Y Tesla is just under 500 horsepower and according to the "guvment" gets the equivalent of 125 miles per gallon. I charge it at home.

Within the next few years the Ford F-150 Lightning will join the Tesla Cybertruck and folks with 5ers and tag-alongs will have some options. You can also charge your tow vehicle at the Campground 50AMP pedestal.

Tesla's new tabless battery cells, which Tesla is calling 4860 cells, will give the companyís EV batteries five times more energy capacity, make them six times more powerful, and enable a 16 percent range increase for Teslaís vehicles. When the new batteries are pervasive, y'all can say goodbye to ICE (internal combustion engines) and gas station gougers.
I guess you missed the outrageous electricity bills in Texas earlier this year following the ice storms?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/20/busin...uct/index.html
Old 06-18-2021, 05:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
Where are you buying gas? Today, I filled up with Diesel In NE Florida @$3.07 gal and gasoline at the same station as $2.78.
Gas prices are heavily skewed by state gas taxes. Our state is one that just keeps upping the tax every few years while others have found more stable sources of revenue for roads. As I travel in the West can see huge differences as I cross from one state to another. Wyoming was alwasy a State I'd stop and fill up in before leaving for a neighboring State.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 05:44 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Well for now gas is stable here and I have trips planned. When I'm home I drive my Volt so should gas get crazy I'm just fine. Have not bought gas for my volt in 11 months. Later RJD
Same with my Volt but it does go into service mode and force me to fill up (6-8 gallons) once per year to keep tank from getting stale.

2004 Nissan Titan
Old 06-18-2021, 05:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockwoodTexan View Post
Do you think there will be a hybrid or electric MH in the not too distant future?
There will be as soon as truck manufacturers introduce products with a suitable chassis for "upfitting".

2004 Nissan Titan
Old 06-18-2021, 05:59 PM   #28

RV lifestyle and inflation

Elections have consequences, its gonna be a long 4 years. We will be taking more local trips for sure but, as long as I can afford gas, I'm going. In fact, we're heading to Florida next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
Just reading in an online newspaper I get (Epoch Times) that oil imports from Russia reached 22.9 million barrels in March. U.S. oil production has fallen 1.7 million barrels a day from a year ago. Investment in fossil fuels is declining as climate policies are going to reduce the supply of oil and natural gas. This will, of course, put us at the mercy of those supplying the oil again. What happens to the RV industry when gasoline reaches 4, 5 or 6 dollars a gallon? Even scarier than that is what will happen to food prices and prices of other necessities?
Luke Moseley is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 06:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Moseley View Post
Elections have consequences, its gonna be a long 4 years. We will be taking more local trips for sure but, as long as I can afford gas, I'm going. In fact, we're heading to Florida next month.

I honestly believe that gas prices are not really in hands of politicians, but are controlled by the market forces with a nudge upward by the oil industry. Prices always rise in the Summer because of increased travel by vacationers. Come late Fall, there could very well be price collapse.

It seems that the price for regular gas here in southern Maine averages around 2.85
PhilFromMaine is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 06:51 PM   #30

Chinese Religious Group runs the Epoch Times???

For the sake of "Playing by the rules", i will censor myself here....What I can say is here in VA we are paying Obama era gas prices, and we are only 6 months into this...By the way, I have cut so many corners I am already round. The newest vehicle i own is a 2003, and that counts the rv! It will not be easy to get thru this- the guy who said "it's amazing what a minority of people can do"- hit the nail on the head. But I will brace myself, because I know it will cost a lot of money to provide every necessity (and then some) to folks who are happy to take it....

Nuff said....I am signing off so I can count my many blessings.
Dela is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 07:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
You radical. Better be careful or you will be censored then cancelled. Amazing what a minority of people have been able to accomplish.

Speaking of inflation, I was thinking about putting a small modular home (for those who may not know, modulars are built to code and are the same as site built homes) on a piece of property I own. Went to look at some Palm Harbor models yesterday. A couple I talked to there told me the same model they looked at a few months ago had gone from $160,000 to $200,000. The mobile home versions, not the modular mind you, are running from $105 to $111 per sq.ft. This price does include setup but not the foundation or a garage.
What about sewer,water, power, gas, and local permits and fees. Some HOAís also require eves be installed since most donít have any.
In CA the mobile versions escape many state codes because they fall under federal codes. But stick or modular require fire sprinklers, and afci breakers and more. Structural engineer design for seismic, wind and snow loads.Depending on the water supplier the fire sprinkler service from the street to the house can easily be $7500. Water connections for the domestic are $10k +-.
And they want low cost housing
aircommuter is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 08:01 PM   #32

Fuel prices dropped around 20-30 cents per gallon here in Central FL in last week or 2
Old 06-18-2021, 08:07 PM   #33

Weíve been fool by the pied piper.

For years we have been fed the idea that there is plenty of oil. We donít need wind, solar, or electric. We should have listened to the folks who were talking about the fact that the only fuel we had available to us, oil, was not infinite in quantity. While this may not be caused by no oil left, other countries have been paying the true cost (Canada and most of the rest of the world) which has resulted in efforts to prepare for the day when oil, because of its declining volume, becomes cost prohibitive.

Maybe we should do what the Europeans do, listen to the experts instead of the politicians.
Ruthlessrider is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 09:56 PM   #34

Fuel costs

DON'T COME TO CA. Premium fuel at my local Shell is $4.89.9.
myclmac is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 10:22 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
Fuel prices dropped around 20-30 cents per gallon here in Central FL in last week or 2

Fuel prices rose 8c from Monday to Thurdaty in Helena Montana. Regular was $2.94, now $3.02 and diesel was $3.19 and now $3.25.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 10:39 PM   #36

Durango is $3.35
Ruthlessrider is offline   Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 11:58 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2t View Post
The Epoch Times is not a newspaper. It is published by the Chinese religious group Falun Gong to destabalise relations between the US and the Chinese governments through misinformation, as they are persecuted by the Chinese government. You would probably get more truthful information out of a fortune cookie. Do a little research before you start spreading Chinese propaganda.

Totally off topic but I think a response is necessary. The Epoch Times is not published by Falun Gong. It was founded by members of the Falun Gong that left China and moved to America to escape the repression and persecution. The articles I read in their online newspaper have been informative not only about the persecution of the Falun Gong but other National and International issues facing our Country and the world. I will say they tend to lean to the Right a bit. I find it interesting that you believe it to be Chinese propaganda. I say this because they are the only news organization that has said since the beginning of Covid19 that it originated in the lab in Wuhan. IMO news organizations such as CNN and MSNBC are far more biased and spread much more disinformation. They have also flat out lied and suppress news that doesn't fit with the Liberal Agenda.

Please let's leave it that, you have your opinion I have mine. If anyone else is really interested they can read a few issues and decide for themselves.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply
Old 06-19-2021, 06:17 AM   #38

So many chicken littles saying the sky is falling!!!!
I remember paying $5.15 in AZ coming back from a NASCAR race 15 years ago. Prices and inflation levels have always fluctuated and always will for many reasons. We have always managed to do what we really want to do and that won't change.
Don't like the current state of affairs in the political or financial arena, just wait a bit and it will change
We will just keep RVing, enjoy our little private life and ignore negative naysayers.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply
Old 06-19-2021, 07:01 AM   #39

Exclamation ...'electric' cars aren't 'free', either...

and, as for us 'electric' car owners, and FUTURE owners, the states are adding 'road use' tax fees to our registration renewals since we don't stop and 'fill up' at gas stations.... Georgia is and additional $200 just for that, Alabama has it's fee, too, as other states are also joining... We have a Nissan Leaf in both states. : /

On one hand, the Federal government 'gives' you a break for being a 'good' citizen, while on the other hand your own State penalizes you.

it may not, on the surface, sound like 'much' extra cost, but one reason to own an electric vehicle is to LOWER your costs of driving - which runs either of our Leafs about $20 monthly in electric cost. Now, with this 'fee' from the state, they are effectively DOUBLING our cost for 10 months out of the year! And, since this is a 'flat' fee, reducing your driving miles does nothing to lower it, and you must pay it in FULL at registration - there is no 'monthly' billing to pay it. Crazy.
formerFR is offline   Reply
Old 06-19-2021, 07:42 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Moseley View Post
Caution, anyone visiting Florida runs the risk of not returning to there home state.
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as downpayment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
gas