Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2022, 09:05 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMullins46 View Post
Flying J truck stops have a RV island off to the side of the automobile islands, that's where I fueled up when I had a gas TV. With my diesel dually and 5th wheel I go 0around to the truck side and use my discount cards on the truck pumps.
Not all Flying J's have the RV pumps. One that I stopped at that did, also had diesel on the same island.
gw1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:37 PM   #42

Mike Z

If you go onto the Pilot/Flying J website or App it tells you what stations are RV friendly. All of the the lanes for rv's have gas and deiseal.
zanoffmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:24 AM   #43

This is the reason I went to a Diesel over gas when I went to 5th wheel. I got into a couple stations with my F150 and 28' coleman that I had a hard time getting back out of due to ignorant people parking where they shouldn't, as well as not enough room between the pumps and the building to swing out with.

If there is trouble with a small truck and trailer, a large truck and 43' 5th wheel would be even worse. For Diesel I found TA usually has the best discounted prices with the TSD Open Roads card.

I did stop at Buckees in Georgia, now that place, if you have trouble getting gas with a large rig, you shouldn't be driving! That place was huge!
Old 04-01-2022, 08:27 AM   #44

My DW and I are in the final stages of laying out our two-month cross-country trip starting just after Mothers Day. I have to commend those who not only plan their routes, and I'm sure advance campground reservations, but also plan out with Google pins and such when and where they will fuel up!

I can be very anal with trip planning, and with this forthcoming trip, my DW has worked to keep me in check so the whole trip isn't going from point A to B to C to....L,M,N.... If I started to log planned fuel stops along the way she'd probably either leave me along the side of the road or catch a ride with a trucker at one of the "planned" fuel stops. One of the reasons we so enjoy RV'ing and being retired helps, is to let the day come to us.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, question, questions