Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2021, 01:44 PM   #1

Getting Insulin pump supplies on long term trip

Hi,
I'm on an insulin pump and the manufacturer sends me a three month supply of reservoirs and infusion sets via UPS. They will not ship to General Delivery at a US Post Office.

We are going to be on the road for more than six months without an address to send it to. Some UPS Stores allow you to receive packages without renting a box, others I think, do not.

How have any of you diabetics solved this problem?
SmilinBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:59 PM   #2

If you know where you will be camping, ask the campground office if they can accept the package. Some places UPS or FEDEX will deliver right to a campsite. The other option is to have your RX filled at a national chain that has a branch near where you will be and you can get your refills at the nearby branch.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:45 PM   #3
Enjoying Life

When we have had to get extra amounts for vacations, etc. We have just notified the supplier(pharmacy, mail-order) and they did a fill exception to give the extra amount needed. This was on a case by case basis, as you had to ask each time. Of course it was subject to the same co-pay amounts.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:17 PM   #4
Always Learning

We fulltimed for 5 years and trust me, our Amazon shopping didn't end plus I had regular CPAP supplies sent.

Longest story shortest, it's going to be easiest to just stay at an RV park who will receive packages for you. Make sure they'll receive them ahead of time because I always found DME shipping to be a bit sporadic of actual receipt dates. (Once I had to leave a my # and a $20 for a campground to ship a late package to me down the road.)

Have it sent within the week prior to you arriving and then get the supplies when you get there.
Old 09-29-2021, 01:19 PM   #5

I've had my meds shipped to an RV Park with no issues. Just remember when you reorder later to have it changed back to the original address.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:16 PM   #6

Medications

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinBeard View Post
Hi,
I'm on an insulin pump and the manufacturer sends me a three month supply of reservoirs and infusion sets via UPS. They will not ship to General Delivery at a US Post Office.

We are going to be on the road for more than six months without an address to send it to. Some UPS Stores allow you to receive packages without renting a box, others I think, do not.

How have any of you diabetics solved this problem?
My wife is a diabetic. Some of her meds can be shipped anywhere, others HAVE to be shipped to "home" address. Those meds that can only be shipped to home address, we have forwarded. It's not the most convenient thing but something we've learn to deal with. Good luck.
Philandterry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump