Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2024, 11:11 AM   #1

Glad I went to visit my 5er in storage: Fence almost fell on it

I store my 5er at a large RV dealer that has a giant storage lot. Loved my spot until today. Below is what I saw when I went out today to measure something. They had another spot that was better (easier to back into) and they will move my 5er with their forklift since I didn't think I could get it hooked up.

I love this place because if I need anything done that I can't do, I just have them do it and they pull it out of storage, do the job and return it to storage. Easy Peasy.

It's weird because that fence isn't really required for anything. Just separates the storage spots from the sales spots. The whole lot is gated. I guess it keeps the storage folks out of the sales section after hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5764.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	517.2 KB
ID:	298847  
corn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:48 PM   #2

We store our travel trailer in a fenced lot about 20 mins away. Several years ago we ran over to find (or check?) something at the trailer only to find that someone had pried the storage door open and stolen all the scap metal they could easily reach: E2 lever bar, E2 L shaped pins and cotter pin for receiver, manual crank handle for stabilizers and x-chocks. If we had pulled up to hook up the trailer and go camping - we couldn't have left. I now keep a tote in the garage with all the stuff I need to hook up the trailer.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5er, storage