Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2019, 09:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdeeGirl View Post
I’m sure this has been discussed before but I’m tired of looking for it. Is Good Sam a good investment as far as towing and service. I really don’t trust the warranty I bought with my motorhome. I tried to use it once and was told it wasn’t their problem. First impressions go a long way. Ready to cancel and bank the balance. Thanks for any input.

I have had mostly excellent service from the Good Sam road service.

Only one bad experience but can’t blame Good Sam only the tow truck driver. My wife had a dead battery in her car. He got her started and ran off. However the car didn’t run long enough to charge the battery a little and to reset the computer. She stalled right away and we had to call them back. They sent another tow service to get her going with a proper explanation of what she needed to do.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:31 PM   #22

I think you'll find that Good Sam service road service varies quite a bit depending upon the day, time, and location.

In my case my TV broke down and left me stranded. Called GS, got a rude customer service rep who really didn't want to help me. Tow guy came and towed camper and TV to the "nearest service facility". That just happened to be a WALMART. Yes you read that right, a WALMART. Apparently if a place just does window tinting, car stereo installs and tires all day, they are considered a "service facility." Needless to say they could not do anything for my TV. The tow driver felt bad leaving me there with my TV and trailer, but that's how the contract is written and all he would get paid to do. He even went so far as to contact them directly on his own initiative, but they still told him to drop the TV there.

I had to pay an independent tow truck to tow it to a FORD DEALER so it could get fixed.

I personally don't think GS service is worth the marketing.
DNA Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam