Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2019, 03:34 PM   #21

Good Sams canceled a friend of mine last fall on this six month trip out West for using it too much. He also had a run of bad luck with his TV. One call while his truck was in shop, he call for gas for his Generator in his TH. GS brought him 1 gal of gas. He Said never again ALSO.
2012 HD Street Glide
2008 Honda FSC600 Silver wing
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

AAA will cancel you for overuse of your auto policy. I believe Coachnet will do the same. It is a standard loophole.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfawo View Post
To paraphrase Harry Truman:
Insurance companies will loan you an umbrella and then want it back as soon as it starts raining.
It's kinda sad isn't it?

One of the only industries I can think of where you are actually penalized when the company has to literally do the job that you are paying them money to do.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:59 PM   #24

I got one year of roadside from CoachNet, when I bought my first Forest River TT. This covered both TT and TV. Well, 2 years ago, between my TT and TV I must have had at least 5 calls to them. I was really worried that they would drop me because I've heard of this happening. They didn't. I wouldn't want any other roadside assistance,
Camping
2017- 27 days,2018- 100 days, 2019- 35 days
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:27 PM   #25
Insert witty title here

Its also worth mentioning that she's been a member since the 90s and has never used it until just recently .

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:31 PM   #26
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
It's kinda sad isn't it?

One of the only industries I can think of where you are actually penalized when the company has to literally do the job that you are paying them money to do.
THIS! Unbelievable!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:37 PM   #27

AAA on the regular membership only allows so many times to use. The deluxe plan offers more.
chapelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:46 PM   #28

They can't make money if people use it . come on if you had to pay out for everybody that bought your service/ insurance you would go broke . can't blame them . I am being totally sarcastic, we'll see who reads to the end
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:47 PM   #29

I hope you all filed complaints with the insurance commission for your state. If they get enough complaints, they may do something about it. Road side assistance is a type of automobile insurance.
Goldwing 1800GL
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #30

Good Sam cancelled membership for using it.

I’ll bet that any insurance company will drop you if you have to many claims in a short period of time. I had a flat on truck not far from home, I called Coach-net and someone was sent out. I wanted to see if everything worked out. The next flat I plugged the tire and then took the tire to a tire shop. I didn’t call Coach-Net, I only plan on using them when I have a real emergency. Flats tires can be handled locally. On our trip to Alaska I carried both Good Sam and Coach-Net, cheap insurance
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:11 PM   #31

This why I have memberships for towing service. One with Escapees and the other with CAA that is also affiliated with AAA. You never know. Plus it depends on the contract. Never the less it is sad that they want to cancel.
steven skare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:09 PM   #32

AAA is still the best, they have an RV membership.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:39 PM   #33

what good is it if your scared to use it for fear of being dropped . better off saving your money and when an emergency happens just pony up and deal with it .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:57 AM   #34
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danwilly View Post
AAA is still the best, they have an RV membership.
They dont cover campers here in New England.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #35

"Good" Sam Insurance

We purchased a Roadside policy from GS. At that time it covered RV's and your personal vehicles. I never would have purchased it if it didn't cover the RV. We got a special price for veterans's why we purchased 3 yr term. It expires in August. I recently received an offer to upgrade for free to the new premium policy for the remainder of my term. It states it covers RV's ....crappy way to do business. I have my original policy paperwork. So in August or July I will be making a decision. For the OP sad that you have given them your money since the 90's just now use the coverage and they cancel you. There is no customer loyalty anymore so how can they expect consumer loyalty.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:37 PM   #36

My sister got a letter a while back that they were kicking her and hubby to the curb. She was upset that something to the effect it was back dated or something. In other words, if they would of needed help, their policy was already canceled unbeknownst to them. I'll look elsewhere when my renewal comes up.
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #37

Sorry to hear they just upped and dropped you. (pun intended)

AAA all the way here! We have been members for 50 years this month in fact. We have had periods of bad luck, over the years and used the tow service 3 times in a year. AAA sent a letter reminding us the limit is 3 a year. And that was the end of it , EACH TIME. Over the years when I have needed them, for more than just towing, they have always have been there for us! I still like to hold a map and look at it! Free with AAA membership, DMV office for members at their AAA offices. Travel service help.

I agree with contacting Insurance Commissioner, to drop you, without warning, is wrong. At the very least , You should of received a letter after 2 tows, stating, that you would be canceled for a 3rd tow with in the same year! Good Luck!!!

Cheers David
Old 04-01-2019, 09:19 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
A friend of mine just got a letter from Good Sam stating that her "utilization falls outside normal guidelines". She's had a run of bad luck with her car lately so all her breakdowns are legit. They say they will give her a prorated refund of her dues. I will post a copy of the letter once I get her permission.

This now has me worried about having a Good Sam membership.
I don't know if your friend is the same one as mine, but she just told me yesterday that her Good Sam's Roadside Assistance canceled them because they had 3 tows and a flat with their RV and truck over a 7 yr period. I am definitely cancelling my Good Sam's when it expires in July.
desuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:42 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Pete View Post
Gee, wonder if they are planning refunds to the members that underutilized their membership? Seems only fair.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:15 PM   #40

I had them for 1 year called them to help remove a tire where a wheel bearing went out and they informed me it would cost me 185$ out of pocket just to have someone show up on the highway south of Chicago and if they did anything there would be additional cost. No longer have them and will never consider them ever again.
richardbrucewinquestjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam, led