Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
2003 Sunseeker 3100SS

Good Sam Club

I just got unsolicited mail from Good Sam Club. They want me to join for $12.00 per year.

Wondering if anyone here are members and is it worth the money to join!?
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #2

for me, yes. abt the only feature i've ever used is the 10% discount on camping. usually find that the campgrounds that take it are more expensive than a comprable campground in the same area.
i use their campground directory also.
insurance...i've found that i pay less than their savings. that may be because i have a travel trailer and it seems that most of the quotes are geared to motorhomes.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

For $12 per year, try it out to see if you like it. They want $29.95 for me to renew, and I don't think I am going to do it this time.

About the only benefit that I get now is the Highways Magazine.....which is good.

I have been keeping up my membership because of the excellent trip planner that they used to have.......that is no longer available.......just a modified Mapquest route planner now.

The other reason that I am thinking about not renewing, is that I get an average of 1 piece of junk mail from them a week......the latest is for a cancer care plan. What the heck does that have to do with RVn ??

I very rarely stay at a Good Sam supported park, so that is not a big benefit for us.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #4

I have been a member of GS for many years and yes you do get alot of junk mail from them. I find the pros out weigh the cons however. I like the highways magizne, their emergancy road assitance has help me out many times over the years. I have problem with that at all! If down the road you would like to join a GS camping chapter in your area you will need to be a member of GS anyway. I would at least try it for the one year.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:35 AM   #5

I have also been a member for many years. I use the 10% discount for camping, enjoy the Highways magazine, have their road service and am a Standby Sam for campers with trouble in my area. I think its a good deal for that price try it and make your own decision.
bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #6

The only thing of GS's that I used was the trip planning service and now that they've messed that up I don't think I'll bother renewing.
2011 6.7 Ford 1 Ton Dually
https://snowyowl.smugmug.com/
Snowyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #7

Were lifetime members of Good Sam and use their 10% discounts on the road most of the time if they are convieient. We also have their emergancy road service on our rig and cars. Also they have insurances of all kinds. You will get your monies worth. We belong to a Va Good Sam Chapter and camp with them over the summer months. We also go to the Samborees and take in the seminars that are offered. Your never to old to learn something new and save a few bucks.........

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote