Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #101

Goodyear Endurance comes in a G rating?
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:29 PM   #102

I just put the Goodyear Endurance tires on my Rockwood 2104S. They replaced the stock Castle Rocks with 5000 miles and a roof staple in the no plugs allowed zone of the tread. I did a side by side comparison of the two tires un-mounted and the Castle Rocks were soft like an inner tube and the Goodyear were very firm. No comparison on sidewall thickness. The staple I pulled out of the Castle Rock was no more than 1/4" long and punctured the tire so I would say all around construction of the Goodyear is far superior. Hard to compare the tires when mounted and pressured up but the un-mounted squish test was the real sell for me. Only 500 miles on the Goodyear's but the trailer sway from sidewall flex is gone. Very happy so far.
Okmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #103
Senior Gold Member

Endurance tire pressures

So the tires on my 2015 Flagstaff 26FKWS are pretty worn because of axel problems on the torsion axel system and I have bought some Good Year Endurance tires to replace the China bombs that were were there. My original tires load range C tires were rated at 50 lbs maximum pressure but the new Endurance are load range D and have a maximum pressure of 80 lbs. What should I run them at? Will 80 lbs be too rough riding?
Old 09-17-2018, 09:41 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
The Goodyear G614's and 114's, while much more expensive, also come with a warranty that will repair RV damage should a blowout occur.

At least they used to, anywayz...
That is what you have insurance for,,,
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomaslyons View Post
So the tires on my 2015 Flagstaff 26FKWS are pretty worn because of axel problems on the torsion axel system and I have bought some Good Year Endurance tires to replace the China bombs that were were there. My original tires load range C tires were rated at 50 lbs maximum pressure but the new Endurance are load range D and have a maximum pressure of 80 lbs. What should I run them at? Will 80 lbs be too rough riding?
I also replaced my C's with D's. The D's are max 65 psi. I run them at 55 psi.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Endurance3.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	186848  
aufinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:50 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Until you see what the GY endurance does one can not say your tire is better. Its like saying Ford is better than a Chevy or Dodge. Later RJD
Until Endurance has been in use for 5 years it is really still being tested. Not saying it is bad for lighter trailers. No LR E tire should be on a heavy trailer.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:57 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomaslyons View Post
Have you fixed the axle problems? If not you're going to be buying new tires again, far sooner than you should.

You have exposed the main issue in upsizing from a C to D range tire. The C range tires were more likely than not just enough tire to carry your trailer at the rated weight for the axles. The proper inflation pressure is 50#. Now you have a tire rated for a significantly larger weight capacity but at 80 PsI.

Do you go with the stiff ride and little sidewall flex that could lead to sway? Or do you soften up the ride and risk having too little air to prevent sway? With the change, just exactly what is the correct pressure for your weight? Perhaps a call to Goodyear or find a Load Inflation Table for the ST Load Range D tire. Make sure the inflation pressure doesn't go below what's specified for YOUR trailer's weight.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality