Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2022, 08:53 AM   #1

Great Mobile RV Tech

We have had two recent very positive experiences with Gear It Up RV & Marine Mobile Services. Their service area is Myrtle Beach, SC and the surrounding area.

Our Schwintek bedroom slide would not go out when we arrived at the CG about 5:30 on a Thursday evening. They were already in the area and got to us within 20 minutes. They spent 1.5 hours to get the slide out. Most of that time was locating the slide controller, which ended up being under the bed. As the slide would not go out they had a difficult time working there. Finally dragged the mattress into the living area to get access. They were then able to manually extend the slide. They said the motor may be the issue but the error code showed the control cable to be the issue.

They were scheduled to return Tuesday morning to retract the slide so we could travel home. I spent a lot of time trying to find someone near our home to fix the slide with no luck (5-8 weeks lead time!!!). So I called Gear It Up and had them order the parts and return to the CG and do the repair on Wednesday morning. We extended our stay at the CG. Sure enough, when they arrived Wednesday morning with the parts the slide worked flawlessly. In and out several times, no issues. So, I bought the motor as a spare and paid them for their time.

Fast forward several weeks. We came home from a 10 day RV trip and the slide would not go out again. It worked with no issues the entire 10 day trip. The next morning I went into the RV and was able to get the slide out. I needed to get this resolved and knowing there was no one in the area to get it done I decided to return the the Myrtle Beach area and have Gear It Up do the repair. I called them and made an appointment for yesterday (Thursday). We got up Thursday morning to get there and the slide would not retract in our driveway. Fortunately, when they worked on the slide the first time they showed me how to do the override and manually retract the slide. It’s not easy, took almost and hour to get access, but I got it in. We arrived at the CG and Gear It Up arrived within 30 minutes. They replaced both the motor and the control cable. The slide now works perfectly.

Gear It Up is great. Very nice people who really know what they are doing. They did a very professional job. I would recommend them 100%.

gearituprv.com

PS: They are veteran owned and give a discount to veterans.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:00 AM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3330.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	273573

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote