Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #1

Great PDI experience

Just went thru my PDI with Bay RV in MD for my Surveyor 200mble. I'm a first time RV'r. Must say it was a great experience. Like most newbies, I have been reading the Forum and watching YouTube and was so worried about the PDI. The mechanic spent 4.5 hours with us. I let him go thru his routine then pulled out my PDI checklist from this Forum, He covered 90%. Very patient. I was impressed with the dealer prep. Only a few items to be fixed before delivery: hot/cold was switched in shower, missing caulk around sink, lack of airflow on one of the roof AC vents (out of 4), and needed the power jack installed. Got to say Curtis was awesome. Can't wait to pick up the RV this weekend and get on the road. Just thought I'd bring some good news to the forum.
Mark
BaltimoreMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreMark View Post
Just went thru my PDI with Bay RV in MD for my Surveyor 200mble. I'm a first time RV'r. Must say it was a great experience. Like most newbies, I have been reading the Forum and watching YouTube and was so worried about the PDI. The mechanic spent 4.5 hours with us. I let him go thru his routine then pulled out my PDI checklist from this Forum, He covered 90%. Very patient. I was impressed with the dealer prep. Only a few items to be fixed before delivery: hot/cold was switched in shower, missing caulk around sink, lack of airflow on one of the roof AC vents (out of 4), and needed the power jack installed. Got to say Curtis was awesome. Can't wait to pick up the RV this weekend and get on the road. Just thought I'd bring some good news to the forum.

Mark

Glad to hear it and the first two I had were ok, dealer took care of our issues on my first new unit. Now that I am 3 units into camping and several years in an RV, I have narrowed it down to where the wife does the PDI, and I do my spot checks and worked out well for us on our used Crusader. She learned how everything works and I got to go over the unit with a clear mind.

Tags
pdi