Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #1

Grill gas fitting

With my new palomino 213x htt, I received the outside grill and mount along with a separate house. First trip out I connected the house to the camper, then I couldn't hook it to the grill. It was like the fitting on the grill was just a smidge too big. I tried sanding it some and would get so close but it wouldn't lock in place. So last night I had and idea, take the nipple off the old grill, nope different set up. So I'm annoyed a brand new unit won't connect. Sand more or go but another nipple? Bought to sell the grill and use my old one
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #2

Sanding. Yikes. Have you tried pulling the collar back while you are pushing the conector on?
Honda eu3000 Generator
2015 Nights Camped : 37
2014 Nights Camped : 33
Quasipato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #3

yes i had the collar pulled back, would get to the point where the collar should slide back into the locking position and it just wouldn't, like i wasn't on far enough yet. Multiple times through out the inarguable trip would pull up a chair, crack open a cold one and mess with it, never succeed though.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #4

You have to make sure the shut off valve is off on the trailer before trying to connect.
Mine wont connect if left open.
Not the tap at the tank, but the shut off valve close to the quick connect coupler.
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:16 PM   #5

On mine there is an open/close valve that if it is open won't let you put the connector on.
Honda eu3000 Generator
2015 Nights Camped : 37
2014 Nights Camped : 33
Quasipato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:23 PM   #6

so connect to the trailer but leave the valve closed, then connect to the grill.... i will try it out later.

after the first few attempts i did unhook from the camper and later tried just connecting the hose to the grill only. that didnt work either.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpa098 View Post
With my new palomino 213x htt, I received the outside grill and mount along with a separate house. First trip out I connected the house to the camper, then I couldn't hook it to the grill. It was like the fitting on the grill was just a smidge too big. I tried sanding it some and would get so close but it wouldn't lock in place. So last night I had and idea, take the nipple off the old grill, nope different set up. So I'm annoyed a brand new unit won't connect. Sand more or go but another nipple? Bought to sell the grill and use my old one
I had a similar instance with my new Flagstaff. I opted to have a 3 burner stove instead of the RVQ. It worked fine. I wanted to convert a Weber Q to run on the bulk low pressure propane. I bought the Mr. Heater male pigtale and hoses to complete the job. Pigtail wouldn't go in any better than your experience. OD of pigtail was ok, but on close examination of the ID of the pigtail, there was a sleeve soldered in flush to the end. I had to knock it out and push it back in the distance of the one on the stove which was connecting properly. ( Use depth gauge on caliper) The setback of that sleeve in the pigtail is critical to:
1. allow the pigtail (M) to go all the way into the connector (F) and allow the coupling to close and the lever to rotate. 2. The sleeve at the proper depth pushes the flow control valve in the connector (F) open and allow the LP to flow. Suggest you modify or get new one, just not Mr. Heater brand. Get OEM or Camco. Throw the one you have filed on out, not good idea.

jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #8

whats the issue with a little sanding? not that i want to do any more of it
Old 06-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #9

Outstanding post, I've been searching everywhere for this. I had the exact same issue, fitting a grill with the existing plug on a 2016 rockwood sig ultralight. I ended up replacing the female on the rig and male on the aplliance with a kit that had both pieces in it. I tried everything and finally ate the 40.00 and just did that.
Tadi Brothers 9" Wireless 120 degree Rear Cam
2015 Nights Camped: 4
2016 Nights Camped: 8
hazmat91180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #10

Try a little liquid soap.
Damule is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas