Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2020, 03:59 PM   #101

Screwdrivers n stuff

Hi, I carry a G5RV dipole and an end loaded wire. I have considered a screwdriver but I talk myself out of it every time, due to the fact that my coach (2014 FR3 30DS) has a wooden roof with a rubber membrane and I think it would be thought to get a decent ground plane going. I’ve though also about the Stepp Vertical kit, but it is very expensive.
Hogq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:17 PM   #102

Hoping to take my first real trip to Hamcation in Orlando in about a week with my new to me 2017 Coachmen 20cb. I have an Icom 7100 and Kenwood TH74 both using my hotspot for D Star and other modes.

Still looking at the leaning curve for winter RV travels. I am still wondering if dewinterizing before I leave New York is a good idea.

73 de NB2A
NB2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:41 PM   #103

My XYL (Wodstock, WD2STK) and I (KC2TCM) are both extras, licensed since 2008. Both active VE's with the Laurel VEC, active on Field day, usually under the call W2S (SIARC and Drumlins ARC combined effort), and she's an Assistant Chair for the Dayton Hamvention VE team.

I'm thinking I'll just bring my field day rig, FT897, and probably my G5RV Jr. Might be able to sling it up over a couple tree branches. Planning on installing a Yaesu FT-7800 in the rig, just not sure where to mount the antenna. Will have to figure that out once we finally get it.
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:43 PM   #104

Talking

And I’m younger then 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
My XYL (Wodstock, WD2STK) and I (KC2TCM) are both extras, licensed since 2008. Both active VE's with the Laurel VEC, active on Field day, usually under the call W2S (SIARC and Drumlins ARC combined effort), and she's an Assistant Chair for the Dayton Hamvention VE team.

I'm thinking I'll just bring my field day rig, FT897, and probably my G5RV Jr. Might be able to sling it up over a couple tree branches. Planning on installing a Yaesu FT-7800 in the rig, just not sure where to mount the antenna. Will have to figure that out once we finally get it.
Wodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:43 AM   #105

That's great that the both of you are licensed like us. My XYL, VE5YAK (just4u_cara on this forum), and I, VE5DLC, were away from home for our volunteer medical first responder conference, so were unable to get on this air this weekend for WFD. Our oldest son is licensed as well, VA5KMG, but has been studying for some high school finals, so just casually operated a little.

Nice to meet you both on the forums!
Truck: 2006 Dodge 2500 TRX4 Cummins
Seasonal at Saskatchewan Landing Provincial Park
camaro80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:45 PM   #106

I don't get on the air as much as I'd like. Partially due to not having any HF antennas setup right now. I have plenty of rigs, just lacking antennas. I usually do most of my HF work during Field Day. But, once I get the Lil Tarheel properly installed on the Jeep, I'll get the TS-480SAT installed and do some HF mobile.
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio