Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royandemily View Post
Thank you everyone for all your input. We have decided to go ahead and get an enclosed trailer for our bikes.

I do have one more last question. I was looking at some of the campground rules at a place we are going to this summer, and it says that motorcycles have to be parked by the office, and we would need to walk from our site to to the office in order to use them. Is that a policy that we would run into frequently? This will be our first time ever not only with an RV, but at any kind of campground.
I have traveled all over the country and have only ran into that policy 1 time. So to answer your question. No that is not a typical policy that I have seen anyways.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Thank you everyone for all your input. We have decided to go ahead and get an enclosed trailer for our bikes.

I do have one more last question. I was looking at some of the campground rules at a place we are going to this summer, and it says that motorcycles have to be parked by the office, and we would need to walk from our site to to the office in order to use them. Is that a policy that we would run into frequently? This will be our first time ever not only with an RV, but at any kind of campground.
The more important question is... where are you going to park that trailer?
Some campgrounds have 'pull thrus' that will allow you to park without unhitching. That way you can just unload them when you want to use them.
With others, you're just going to have to call and see what their policy is regarding trailers.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:52 PM   #23

Quote:

I guess I'm thinking......."Who Ensures Their Safety While Parked By The Office"? Overnight?..........
Old 02-09-2020, 12:34 AM   #24

Quote:

This is not a typical campground rule, and in fact I have never encountered it. I can guess this campground you mentioned may have created a rule for all motorcycles based on problems with some, and I can further guess it could be due to noise. If noise is the reason, I totally get it, as I find loud bikes in a campground to be extremely obnoxious. Nonetheless, I haven’t encountered a campground that prohibited motorcycles at the campsite. Ironically, I know of some motorcycle campgrounds that prohibit vehicles other than motorcycles.

I/we have camped many, many, many times at private and government campgrounds, where I either rode in on a motorcycle, or trailered it in. I have never parked the motorcycle anywhere other than right at my campsite, and if I was asked to park it elsewhere I would immediately find a different campground.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:53 AM   #25

Quote:

In Myrtle Beach I only found one RV park that allowed motorcycles, Apache Family Campground. In the other campgrounds in the area you leave it at the gate or push it to your site. I have seen this rule at maybe 2 other campgrounds over the years so it is not really all that common of a restriction.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:24 AM   #26

I'm in the majority that I would find another campground. Also sure that any campground that doesn't allow for bikes to be ridden through the CG has to be because of noise mostly associated with Harleys. I yet to encounter such a campground. I have heard of campgrounds that don't want trailers or dollys at the campsite. For this reason, I carry a chain and lock with me in case I have to park the dolly somewhere besides my campsite.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorcycle