Old 11-15-2019, 08:27 AM   #61
Trailer Park Supervisor

Washing and covering today. Was down to almost 19 here this morning. Going to be in 40's today, about as mild as it's gonna get in the near future here in NJ. With over a month to go before winter. Good grief.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:31 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Done here!

We've had multiple days already in the mid teens and lower twenties with several inches of snow last night.
The ski resorts are saying they are going to try to be open for the weekend with man made snow and these low temps. That's a bit early as that usually doesn't happen until Thanksgiving.

This is the first winter we plan to head to FL with the 5th wheel right after Christmas. Hope we can!
Come on down ... we have Arctic cool down this week 50's - 75 all week ... time to get out the space heater
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #63

Done in NC

I had to do an early winterize due to the arctic blast. We had 27 two mornings in a row, but no freezing predicted the next couple weeks. We will camp all winter here, so after each trip I will drain the tanks and blow out the lines, if we used the water system. We have camped without the water system when the campground has bathrooms. It actually takes me very little time to winterize since I do it multiple times each year. As to the poster asking about NOT winterizing in the south, I remember one time crossing the FL/GA border in early March and seeing a bank’s temperature sign reading 19 degrees. Just sayin!
BradJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Especially so with two of us in a 20' trailer. I always bring along our 30 pint dehumidifier, great if you have electricity. Nice to be able to see out the windows, lol.
I found opening a window and the roof vents during the day helped.
Cold Lake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:35 PM   #65
Trailer Park Supervisor

If it's warm enough. It's at night when you're in there like two rats in a wool sock making moisture that it gets things soggy. And you don't want to open windows or vents and let the precious heat out. That's when the dehumidifier earns it's floor space.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:47 PM   #66

The dehumidifier and Dyson heater are great if you have shore power, but in my case, I'm boondocking.
Down-filled mummy bag with a thermal liner becomes your best friend.
Down to -17 here tonight.
On the plus side, I haven't seen a mosquito or a black fly in days.
Cold Lake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:42 PM   #67

we had a low of 52 deg on 11/12, but it has not driving me to winterize yet.
oh, this is 45 min NW of Orlando.
Old 11-16-2019, 12:08 AM   #68

Send a message via Yahoo to drrodder
Here in Northern Wisconsin, winter came about the second week of Oct. In 2019. Been winterized a month ago. Had 3 weeks of January temps already.
drrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:28 AM   #69

Have you put off Winterizing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Born here, raised here, an proud of it. Go Omaha !!

Same here. Westside 79í. 4th generation Nebraskan.
omahagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:48 AM   #70

Winterized, antifreeze added. Will drain the antifreeze when we get to warmer weather down south next month.
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:55 PM   #71

Thumbs up Good for you Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Two weeks ago I winterized the rig with daytime temperatures in the mid 60’s and wondered why why why why am I closing up when it’s this nice.

Yesterday we got a dusting of the first snow, and it’s still on the lawn and bushes.
Thin layer of ice on the lake down at the dock.

Now I know.....and I’m glad I did it when I did.

Counting the days until next season though..........
-------------------------------------------
I got behind the eight ball this year in Manitoba because of a Pacemaker Implant and couldn't do anything that involved moving my left arm.. Last camp out was a week before our Thanksgiving storm,then the Pacemaker,then, sit on your ass and do nothing.. Lucky for me my GF got on the roof last weekend to put the cover on for the winter....I should marry that Gal....lol... By the way my Avatar is my GF,,,not me..lol
Darryl Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:33 PM   #72
Site Team

Finally drained the WH and FW tank and blew out the lines.
Will put the pink stuff in the traps and toilet.
We don't get hard freezes on our island.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:55 PM   #73

Good for you Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Finally drained the WH and FW tank and blew out the lines.
Will put the pink stuff in the traps and toilet.
We don't get hard freezes on our island.
Good to know you got everything done. Notice your Sweetie is a wine taster.. I make wine and ride a Honda GoldWing. Perhaps I shall bring a bottle with me the next time we Go for a ride out your way....We ride the Pacific Coast Highway every couple of years down to Vegas then Texas then back to Winnipeg.. Will let you know when we are on our way...lol
Darryl Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:39 AM   #74
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Honda View Post
Good to know you got everything done. Notice your Sweetie is a wine taster.. I make wine and ride a Honda GoldWing. Perhaps I shall bring a bottle with me the next time we Go for a ride out your way....We ride the Pacific Coast Highway every couple of years down to Vegas then Texas then back to Winnipeg.. Will let you know when we are on our way...lol
The DW worked at 3 different Napa Valley wineries, over a 10 year period. One of them was Coach Dick Vermeil's. The other two were the two most popular Napa Valley wineries.
We no longer live in Napa Valley, we escaped California and moved to Washington State.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 11-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #75

Fires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The DW worked at 3 different Napa Valley wineries, over a 10 year period. One of them was Coach Dick Vermeil's. The other two were the two most popular Napa Valley wineries.
We no longer live in Napa Valley, we escaped California and moved to Washington State.
Were you involved with any of the last couple of fires around Santa Rosa? CalFire? The one a few years ago went right up to a former GF's trailer...and stopped. That would be right off the main N-S road by the turkey farm/winery. It's on the downhill dogleg as you go out of town. Also friends on the same road at Meadowlark Inn, about 2 miles north.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #76

Best wishes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
When I was scheduled for a two-procedure foot surgery on Oct. 30 and learned I would have to wear a walking boot 6 weeks, DW and I declared ourselves done for the season. So we got our winterization done. Now Iím even more thankful thatís behind us since I had an emergency appendectomy Thursday and now I feel like I fell off a 2 story house!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. None of us heal as quickly as we used to.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:59 AM   #77
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. None of us heal as quickly as we used to.
Thank you kindly. I was dismissed by my appendectomist yesterday although I still have a Check Engine light blinking down in there every once in a while. Mostly I'm down to the ache in my big toe where they used a bone saw!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 = 94; booked = 14
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #78
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Were you involved with any of the last couple of fires around Santa Rosa? CalFire? The one a few years ago went right up to a former GF's trailer...and stopped. That would be right off the main N-S road by the turkey farm/winery. It's on the downhill dogleg as you go out of town. Also friends on the same road at Meadowlark Inn, about 2 miles north.
No, I retired in 2014 and moved to Washington State. But my station has been very involved since I left but not Santa Rosa. My old partner is now the Chief.

Tags
winter