Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #1

HELP! 2013 Class C Solera/Mercedes Running Lights

Rear running lights and upper back red/front amber running lights are not working. Front headlights/amber running lights turn on. Rear lights work when apply brake, turn signals and hazard lights. We have checked all fuses that could be associated with lights under steering wheel, drivers seat and below oven. All fuses, even when tested are fine. There is no current to #7 pin on trailer hook up plug. Opinions so far are grounds should be OK since lights work when brake/turn/hazard initiated, so probable cause is in-line wiring disconnected somewhere. Is there an in-line fuse anywhere, and what are most probable places I should look for wiring to see where the problem is? Or how do I even start checking and what should I look for? Hopefully the forum can point me in the right direction......
Bill Irwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Irwin View Post
Rear running lights and upper back red/front amber running lights are not working. Front headlights/amber running lights turn on. Rear lights work when apply brake, turn signals and hazard lights. We have checked all fuses that could be associated with lights under steering wheel, drivers seat and below oven. All fuses, even when tested are fine. There is no current to #7 pin on trailer hook up plug. Opinions so far are grounds should be OK since lights work when brake/turn/hazard initiated, so probable cause is in-line wiring disconnected somewhere. Is there an in-line fuse anywhere, and what are most probable places I should look for wiring to see where the problem is? Or how do I even start checking and what should I look for? Hopefully the forum can point me in the right direction......
If it's your running lights only and break lights all are working, I would say you have a bad ground at the running lights, there is a fuse that I know of, normally the running lights are grounded at each light fixture. There done in series I do believe, if I'm wrong somebody will surely correct me, but that is a place to start. I had a problem that kept blowing my running light fuse in my truck. Came out to be a half broken wire. The wire was routed under the front wall. So every bump it shorted out blowing my truck fuse on a f250. Took 5 years to find that problem. Your running lights and break lights are not connected.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, class c, light, mercedes, solera