Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #1

Help for newbie

Just purchased 2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WTBS and I have a question. I am sure it has a simple answer. I fully opened the storage at the foot of the bed and it now seems to be in the locked position. Can someone please tell the newbies how to close before it is broken?!?!? Thanks for any help or suggestions.
CRJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #2

Are you talking the lift up storage compartment with gas struts holding it up? I don't have that particular model but the 2011 Flagstaff I have it just takes a little pressure to push it back down. You shouldn't have to really force it as the weight of the bed should help you stow it back down. Hope this helps.
buckisland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #3

Yes, that is what I am talking about. The bed had helped close it, until I removed the mattress and opened it fully. I have put enough pressure on it and fell as though more pressure will break the bracket. I thought maybe there was a trick to it.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #4

Thanks for the help. Just tried it again with more pressure and it closed. Guess they are stiff because it is new.

This is a great forum for newbies like us!