Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #1

Help me understand what they see?

I have been looking at 5ws and reading lots of forums about Cyclone vs Voltage then into Road Warrior and such. I read a lot of the same comments but yet I don't think anyone says the real truth about these interiors on these coaches. Some say Voltage is too flashy, and Cyclone is better, more homey. How about down right tacky!!! Are you serious with some of these interiors? Who are the people designing the interiors of these coaches? Have they never picked up a magazine with modern or current designs. Do they pick the tackiest combinations possible to see how much the public will take? Lol I am amazed why one trailer manufacturer, EVEN ONE (OK Gotta admit Airstream interiors are amazing), will not step outside the box and build a trailer with an attractive interior. I agree cyclone is the most tasteful interior of the TH line that I have looked at but they still have a ways to go. I currently have a deposit on a new 3800 cyclone w RV wholesalers in Ohio. Price is the best so far and Gary in finance and sales guy Chris Baker have been darn good to deal with so far. Jim Hickie at Heartland I almost feel is like a friend now I bug him so much. Well I have asked Cyclone to change out the appliances from black face to SS front appliances they offer in their Road Warrior line because I find them a lot more attractive. And yes of course there is going to be a charge. How much do you think they will charge me to change the exact same appliances from black fronts to SS fronts from their Road Warrior line. Exact same size appliances, they will be just opening different boxes from another line. Let's guess shall we? I do agree with some folks that Cyclone has the most appealing interior, just trying to make mine a bit better looking. Let's get real with these ridiculous interiors! I'll let you know how things progress with RV Wholesalers in Ohio and Cyclone. Happy Holidays
Guruboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Commercial Member

IMO, if you are buying your RV based on the interior, instead of build quality, reputation, etc, you are on the wrong path.....

Just my FYI.

Again, in my opinion, Heartland makes a good looking piece, but that's where it ends....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #3

Help me understand, why are you posting about products built by Heartland and Thor Industries on a Forum dedicated to products built by Forest River Inc.?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
X-2

X-2 Oakman!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #5

No I am not making my purchase based upon just interiors wildcat I was just making a comment on how ugly RV interiors are. And Oakman excuse me for breaking all the rules and not commenting on how ugly Forest River products are as well on the inside. I will now. Forest River interiors are just as tacky. Simple question was why are RV interiors so ridiculously furnished and not well designed. And I will bet from a marketing stand point the interior sells the coach more times than the build quality does. That is not how I am making my purchase based on interiors or I wouldn't buy any of them. So Wildcat you have commented several times on your dislike for your Cyclone. I would rather hear why you have dislikes with Cyclone and your problems you have encountered. How has Cyclone responded?
Guruboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruboy View Post
So Wildcat you have commented several times on your dislike for your Cyclone. I would rather hear why you have dislikes with Cyclone and your problems you have encountered. How has Cyclone responded?
Several times? 1 comment in 1 post...?? My Cyclone? Not sure where you are coming from....

I said Heartland products in general. I work at an RV dealership, and Heartland is one product we don't carry for very specific reasons.

As far as interiors, maybe you are looking at the wrong products.....several manufacturers use interior designers and name brand furniture in their interiors. Is it the toyhaulers you are whining about? The traditionally are very "industrial" looking, and made to take the wear and tear of active use.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #7

Wait till you see the Special Edition by Duck Dynasty,lay out by Uncle Si! It has a lot more Class than a standard Deer Hunter Special! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Wildcat View Post
IMO, if you are buying your RV based on the interior, instead of build quality, reputation, etc, you are on the wrong path.....

Just my FYI.

Again, in my opinion, Heartland makes a good looking piece, but that's where it ends....
He's saying you should pay more attention to the structure and how's it built, not just the interior design. And he used Heartland as an example for poor build quality with a pretty interior, not to promote them on a FRF.

And I agree.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
Phat Phrog

Have you seen the XLR Thunderbolt toy haulers? They are beautifully designed interiors from the countertops to the beautiful glass tinted bevel doors!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
phat phrog stunt crew

maybe he is complaining here because those other brands may not have as active a forum as forest river. however, since no toy hauler to this point that i am aware of has met the posters likes, maybe he should just get an enclosed wells cargo trailer, and rent cabins/condos in the area he likes to play with his toys in. the price difference between wells cargo ( or similar) and toy hauler will rent lots of cabins/condos/motels.

but good luck in your search. a coworker has a 40 ft toy hauler, raptor, that is extremely nice. very spendy, but very nice.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #11

obviously Guruboy didn't get what he/she wanted for Christmas!!! My thought is interior/exterior......... you really should at least like your RV before spending that kind of money!!! I do believe that the Earth Station is beautiful inside and out!!! Don't like it??? it's ok........ I can't account for everyone's bad taste!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #12
Oklahoma Proud

I think most interiors are designed to keep weight minamal, and yet functional especially in toyhaulers.
But I hear that Columbus is supose to have a toyhauler sometime in the near future. Also while maybe a "entry level" line, Puma by Palamino has a toy hauler that has the same floor plan as our bunk house trailer, except it has a garage instead of out bunkhouse room( T H is a little longer also). I think our interior is nice, not a Trilogy or a Columbus by any means but also 50-65% cheaper. But with 3 kids dragging sand in at the lake I would freak out if they did that with a $75-100,000 trailer
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #13

We had HL product and we thought that they were of decent quality. I am not new to how things are built or how to fix things. All my life I've done most everything for myself. We realized the design faults of the HL so we switched to a FR product and I will say that the fit and finish is way better than HL. At least on the model we bought. Because different facilities through out the TT industry build different models it is possible to have one that is well made and a different model made by the same company at a different location is not as well built.

As far as the interior design and decor "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." We all like different things. Our current rig is a Flagstaff 26-FKWS we believe it is well made, looks nice inside and out (we like it). Are there problems and things that we don't like??? Sure but we will fix, upgrade, remake, and/or improve what we can. Then we will live with what we have, enjoy it as much as we can, and won't complain about what we don't have.

I told my wife the other day, "You know we really have very little to complain about." We've worked very hard, are both retired, have a roof over our heads, food on the table and a nice TT to travel to boot.
LIFE IS GOOD !!!!

TeJay
TeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #14
Just Love to Camp

As a XLR owner and recent shopper of TH alot of the interiors are tacky. I do believe that is for manufactors trying to build with durability and weight. I went in Raptors, Cyclones, Road Warriors, Voltages, and XLR while Shopping. In my Opinion XLR choices for interior design is above the rest!!!! With tons of class and not too much bling. That is what made me fall in love with mine. The first on the list was a floor plan with all the wants. I am not going to comment on quality do to problems that I have had. I know that there are several others that have XLR that haven't had the problems that I have had. Love my XLR Bertha she is a member of the family and interior is important to make me feel at home in her when I am away from home. Wait she is my other home!!
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #15
Wanna Be Camper

Perhaps the OP only signed up to stir the pot. He has not posted anything other than these 2 derogatory posts, but he was on here yesterday so one has to wonder if he is just trolling to see what he can stir.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Troll
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #17

I considered this thread to be a troll post from the beginning. He said in his post that he was buying a Cyclone toyhauler built by Heartland RV. Why would he want to join a forum for owners of Forest River products except to stir up trouble? Along with a Heartland Owners Forum there are plenty of other RV forums available on the internet that aren’t specific to a brand or manufacturer.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My thoughts exactly.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I considered this thread to be a troll post from the beginning. He said in his post that he was buying a Cyclone toyhauler built by Heartland RV. Why would he want to join a forum for owners of Forest River products except to stir up trouble? Along with a Heartland Owners Forum there are plenty of other RV forums available on the internet that aren’t specific to a brand or manufacturer.
x2

Not a very good/smart troll though..

Why kick up a fuss on a brand where everyone is an owner of a competing brand?? Usually trolls like to get folks PO'd and defending their brand. All he would get here is "Yeah that's why we bought a FR coach"

Oh well ... Boredom +/or lack of a life causes people to do weird things.

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #20

My 2 cents is why complain if you don't like it don't buy it. Everyone likes something different. I agree some toyhaulers are tacky but I think they were ment to be some like that.

We love our Puma Unleashed Cherry Cabinets, Wood panel refrig door Wood grain looking flooring. Our friends have a KZ Sportster that is simular a few nicer touches but the price was nearly double our Puma. (Not to say they have had numerous problems).

Again my opinion is the PUMA Unleashed is the best kept secret. About 1/2 the price of many of the toyhaulers.
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, road warrior, toyhauler, voltage