Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #1

Henderson Beach State Park, Destin, FL

Hello,

Has anyone camped at Henderson Beach State Park in Destin, FL? We have reservations for next May and I was wondering if it is as nice as it looks online. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
tchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #2

We drove though Henderson Beach State Park while camping at Topsail Hill State Park in Destin, FL. It's a very nice park and we would not hesitate camping there. The sites are of a more natural setting, not paved. I think you'll enjoy your stay there. It's close to shopping and attractions.

Have fun.

Happy and safe camping,

Mike
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #3

Thank you very much for the info. How did you like Topsail Hill State Park?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #4

Thank you for mentioning Topsail Hill State Park. I looked at your pictures and at their website and I actually changed my reservation from Henderson Beach State Park to Topsail. It's looks beautiful and has such awesome reviews. We chose site 118 in the new loop. I hope its a nice site.
We are hoping to sell our pop up camper this fall and order a new Rockwood Ultralite so we can utilize the full hookups at the campground. Hopefully it will all work out so we can take the new trailer to Florida in May. Thanks again and have a great weekend.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #5
Ray

I think you made a good decision in changing your reservations to Topsail. Not that the other one doesn't look good, it does, but I believe that Topsail is better. Having said that, I have never actually camped there (it's too close to my home in Panama City Beach) but I have talked to many that have, and I have been in the park several times. The wife and I, often ride our bikes on the bike trail that runs from Rosemary Beach, all the way over to Topsail, and we have been in the park many times and talked to people staying there. The place is beautiful, and the sites are very good. This park was once a privately owned campground before coming in to the state system.

Good luck with your camping.
2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 differential

Tow Package W/Integrated TT Brake Controller

2015 Open Range LT274 RLS
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchart View Post
Thank you very much for the info. How did you like Topsail Hill State Park?
We loved it. Our first trip there was in '05. We returned with friends in '06. We had a great time both trips. Planning on a return trip later.

I believe you'll love Topsail Hill.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #7

Aguy I work with just went to topsail and gave rave reviews about it. Has me wanting to go myself.
edman87k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:15 PM   #8

We recently went to Gulf Shores state park in Alabama.

It was nice. we got a spot on the lake and watched the alligators swim back and forth
Fencer is offline   Reply With Quote