Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #21
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip View Post
I imagine the Herkbrary as some classical room with 50 foot ceilings, crystal chandeliers and hundreds of rows of books.

And one whole wall of diagrams, posters and owners manuals, all encased in plastic covers and cross referenced. It would be awe-inspiring, with Herk sitting at the help desk in the middle, with a sign that says "Free information" and on the other side "Gone Rving".
Well, in reality, picture a half full DVD with lots of sub-directories containing pictures, links, and PDFs; nearly ALL available right here in the forum at one time/place or another. The green search box at the top is your friend.

The secret to the Herkbrary is just organization of the files that allows me to put my finger on what I need to help myself, or someone else, right away. The organization is based on (stolen from) an Air Force Aircraft Flight Manual. They had a lot of experience putting system information in a format that is quickly searchable to find what you need.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #22

Lou, Knew you where Air Force, my nephew is the Duty Dir of Space Flight for the Air Force at the Cape. He is a LTC, Air Force Accadamy. He has been there for about 3 years and is getting ready to move soon. We will are heading down there next week for a couple of months with the RV, its time to go srimping while they are running, big dip nets from the bridges, lots of fun.
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #23
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
Lou, Knew you where Air Force, my nephew is the Duty Dir of Space Flight for the Air Force at the Cape. He is a LTC, Air Force Accadamy. He has been there for about 3 years and is getting ready to move soon. We will are heading down there next week for a couple of months with the RV, its time to go srimping while they are running, big dip nets from the bridges, lots of fun.
I hope you meant "shrimping" as I have never eaten a "srimp"; and it does sound like fun.

I will be camping at MacDill FAMCAMP starting in February through March and depending on my actual departure date (some unexpected DR appoints may impact the departure) may spend some time at Patrick FAMCAMP.

PM me with your contact info if you (and I) will be in the area.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #24
daydreaming about camping

since we are this far off course - hey Herk - went to NAS Pensacola last spring with the family while my lil' sis was stationed there, and thoroughly enjoyed the Naval Flight Museum. We will be in Colorado Springs in early July, does the Air Force have a similar museum there?

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
Site Team - Lou

Peterson AFB has a HUGE museum.

Home

I use this web site and a book of military museums when we travel.
http://www.aerofiles.com/museums.html

For those in the Pensacola area; here is their web site:
http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip View Post
I imagine the Herkbrary as some classical room with 50 foot ceilings, crystal chandeliers and hundreds of rows of books.
I met Lou, Laura, and Bella a couple of summers ago, before the "Herkabrary" came to be on the forum. I don't think you could have squeezed another icon on his computer desktop.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
I met Lou, Laura, and Belle a couple of summers ago, before the "Herkabrary" came to be on the forum. I don't think you could have squeezed another icon on his computer desktop.
Chap, Bella is a lot less hyper.
Every bit as friendly, just less the lapdog.
At 65 pounds, she still looks for a lap when we let her.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #28

Prolly picked up those organizational and plotting skills at the WIC (weapons instructor course). Those folks come back and mission plan the most beautiful grease board scenarios!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #29

From my instructors, when I was in the Army, "I may not always be right but I am never wrong".
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #30
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
Lou, Do you every get tired of being right?? Again I took your advise and checked all my connections on my chargeing system for the RV for the problem with the lights going dim and yep loss connection. I have taken your hents on several things sence join here and never found your guideice wrong. Must be tireing to have to keep up with all this, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT AND HELP TO OTHERS.
And I will follow that question up with one of my own - that being do you ever get tired from being on this forum at what seems to me to be all hours of the day and night?

I also wish to add my thanks to you for your helpful assistance here to me and all the other members. Perhaps we should add our thanks to your wife also.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #31

Thanks Herk

Herk has helped me out more than once with his wisdom either with a direct post or a post to another. I have done mods to my camper with his post, while at the same time becoming more aware of basic operation of the camper thanks to Herk. I just wanted to add a thank you also.
ezawacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #32
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
And I will follow that question up with one of my own - that being do you ever get tired from being on this forum at what seems to me to be all hours of the day and night

I also wish to add my thanks to you for your helpful assistance here to me and all the other members. Perhaps we should add our thanks to your wife also.
I will pass your thanks along to my DW. She wonders "Who the other woman is" sometimes She has sneaked up on me to see what I am typing.

As long as I get stroked like this every so often; no.

What hurts sometimes is spending hours researching a "Can I tow This" question with almost no provided data and get a "my buddy knows a guy who tows a 40 foot travel trailer with a Jeep Wrangler with no problems" right after that.

I have a few other pet peeves that cause me to wonder why I spend so much time here (posting a new thread asking a question that was JUST answered is one - jeez guys at least look at the RECENT posts before asking!) but most times I just jump in when I think I can help.

I know the other "frequent posters" feel the same way.

Remember almost everything in the Herkbrary and everything I have learned about RV systems was posted here originally by members helping someone (or ME) with a problem or I found researching a problem someone needed an answer to.

For the most part; it is just
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I hope you meant "shrimping" as I have never eaten a "srimp"; and it does sound like fun.

I will be camping at MacDill FAMCAMP starting in February through March and depending on my actual departure date (some unexpected DR appoints may impact the departure) may spend some time at Patrick FAMCAMP.

PM me with your contact info if you (and I) will be in the area.
Yes its "shrimping", my fingers don't alwyas do what my head tells them and I am not the best typest in the world. lol I have pm you with my contact info and lets try and get togeather and do some shrimping.
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote