Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2016, 08:22 AM   #1

Holding tank vent caps

Yes, I know that talk that has to do with holding tanks sometimes stinks. But then that is what I am about to ask you about. Our Wildcat has 4 holding tanks, 2 black and 2 grey. All four tanks have the standard cheap vent caps that have been know to on occasion allow tank smells back into the rv.

I came across a new style of vent caps from 360 Siphon RV Vent Cap which are said to pull vapor up and out of the tanks by providing a positive siphon.

Does anyone have first hand experience with these newly designed stench siphoning caps?

My thought is to install one on each of the holding tank vents.

I do have a couple of the wind directional vent caps, however only one of my vent pipes would allow it to be mounted flat on the roof which I understand is required for this style to work properly.

Also which is the better style of Dicor sealant to use on such an installation...self leveling or non leveling?

Thanks

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:58 AM   #2

OK, Due to the total lack of replies......yes I jest. I went ahead and ordered 4 of the 360 vent caps to install on all four holding tanks black and grey.

Camping world had them on sale for $24 and change which was a $10 discount each with free shipping. Plus I didn't complete my order the first time around so they sent me an additional $5 discount that was applied.

When I get them installed and have a chance to take a deep whiff of the interior aroma I will post a review.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, vent