Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2018, 09:17 PM   #41

Your times seem fine IMO. Those diesel 350's or 3500's are pretty loud at times but no one seems to mind and sometimes you need to be somewhere early or come in late. Vehicles security alarm going off is the big problem.
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
woodyrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:10 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by My17Ram View Post
Loud pipes don’t save lives. Responsible riding and proper riding gear do.
And a hefty dose of common sense thrown in. Describing the term "loud pipes" is like describing the heat of a hot pepper. Everyone has their own definition of what is loud or not and is usually on a comparison scale with other similar things and is based on their own perceptions. Loud in my definition does not mean anywhere close to obscene, can't hear yourself think loud that goes with straight pipes with no baffles. If that's what you like, that is your prerogative and more power to you. Loud to me is a good melodic rumble like you would hear in a larger bike without waking the dead in the process. A sound that says to other traffic "hey, there's someone here" without being deafening.

Being invisible on a bike is something you take for granted and keep in mind at all times. Here, where most of the roads are one lane in each direction, traffic is rare, and people with loud music and their windows rolled up are almost non-existent, even in summer. The biggest danger is unpredictable distracted drivers either from behind, or turning in front of you, or deer, bear, turkeys or moose. That said, for those of you who do ride, no matter what you ride, keep the rubber side down and the sunny side up and stay safe and enjoy the ride. For those that don't ride, keep alert and enjoy the camping season.
dvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:17 PM   #43

I am not a biker but I don't think you can't limit hours to enter or leave campsite. Just idle in or out after all most campgrounds have speed limits.
packrat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:21 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvalley View Post
Describing the term "loud pipes" is like describing the heat of a hot pepper. Everyone has their own definition of what is loud or not and is usually on a comparison scale with other similar things and is based on their own perceptions.
How about leaving keeping factory pipes instead of replacing them with dealer ones. I believe that anything above factory is too loud or they would be shipping them that way.

Also redneck trucks with the muffler cut off or those brainless troglodytes with their subwoofer so loud your windows rattle should be restricted too.

Whatever happened to all those liberals in the 70's and early 80's that were screaming about noise pollution?
Old 04-28-2018, 05:43 AM   #45

Idle in and out, most bikes have loud pipes, I guess trying to bring back your youth. It’s nice to find campgrounds that don’t allow motorcycles. A few mess it up for everyone
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:59 AM   #46

As I stated before, just idle in and out and don't plan when you leave around other peoples "hours". It is your vacation and you may need extra time to get to a really cool destination. You are very kind to be so considerate of others.

As to all of the loud nay sayer's on loud pipes is when you turn down your radio, put your phone down (even hands free preoccupies your mind and makes you more inattentive.) then I will put larger baffles in my bike. The majority of motorcycle fatalities are cause by the other driver. I ride sober (I don't drink or drug anyway). Yes I don't wear a helmet because they are designed for low speed impact. Many bikers die with them on.

We all take chances once we get in a car, truck, or motorcycle. Here is S. Texas I have seen big diesel pickups with a mile long fivers flipped over because of the wind. We all need to make safety our priority. I think no one should be allowed to just pull anything off the lot without attending a safety course and have an endorsement on their drivers license. Taking that motorcycle safety course was the best thing I ever did. It makes you more aware of what is around you and it carries over into your car.

We can sit and argue all day about this, but since we all have opinions I thought I would share mine. Sorry for the hijack of OP post. and be safe. Keep the shiny side up and rubber side down.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:10 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post
... Yes I don't wear a helmet because they are designed for low speed impact. Many bikers die with them on. ...
Fatality Facts
Old 04-28-2018, 08:49 AM   #48
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Warming up those diesels...slamming camper or truck doors...yelling at the person helping you back in...loud motorcycles or quads...

Aren't they all kinda the same thing?

Anymore there doesn't seem to be any rules on noise...

Unless you are sitting around the after 10 pm talking...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:49 AM   #49

I'd say 8:30 - 9 am, rolling back in by about 10 pm would be very courteous. I also like to sleep in