Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: How happy are you with your FR Purchase?
Best (RV, TT, Pup) I have ever owned 69 30.26%
Have had a few problems, but still would not switch 124 54.39%
Wish I would have bought something else 26 11.40%
Never would own one again 9 3.95%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #21

Had our R-Pod for two years without a single problem. We have had our Freedom Express for 3 months now and have had it out 3 times; so far (knock on wood) nothing but love!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #22

2012 vlite, nothing but problems, already replaced the roof, gel coat scratched while in for warranty, patch job on gel coat and roof. Tire failure after 2200 miles took two weeks and a hissy fit to get an unheard of Chinapop put on, now there's a mix match of tires and load ranges, tire pressures etc. I could go on. Just a huge mess overall, unlikely I'll ever buy another FR product.
dilgerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilgerc View Post
2012 vlite, nothing but problems, already replaced the roof, gel coat scratched while in for warranty, patch job on gel coat and roof. Tire failure after 2200 miles took two weeks and a hissy fit to get an unheard of Chinapop put on, now there's a mix match of tires and load ranges, tire pressures etc. I could go on. Just a huge mess overall, unlikely I'll ever buy another FR product.
So, are you selling? What brand will you buy that doesn't have problems?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #24

Ya from the reading on other forums all campers will have some problems. Some major some minor. And some poor people get stuck with what could be a lemon. But you will only ever hear about problem people have rarely ever how great they are. I have heard of problems with brands some worse than others. It sucks but I guess it's just luck of the draw when you buy.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

That is true that luck plays a part. Some times we just get a bad break.

I've learned that three things help to minimize or prevent many problems (new or used):
  • An extraordinarily thorough inspection of the trailer (aka PDI).
  • A really conscientious local dealer.
  • Constant maintenance bordering on a sort of hyper vigilance.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #26

We have a 2008 V-Lite, what a piece of junk, will never own one again and will never own FR again.l
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

So, are you selling? What brand will you buy that doesn't have problems?
Prob won't get rid of it for a while but do plan to move up to a fiver some day. I'm not sure there are any without problems but surely some company can do better than this.
dilgerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #28

i was 99% dead set against a toy hauler. that's why i tandem towed my quads behind my previous 5th wheel trailer. tandem towing didn't bother me and i actually enjoyed it. it gave me some versatility for the ATV world we play in. i didn't care for the cheap cheesy fold up in the wall pseudo futon couches the THs had. a patio hauler by kit mfg was as close as i had come to buying one because of the vapor wall and walk in door. BUT WHOA!!!!i found a 2011 FR Puma Unleashed TH with no futons, sliding glass door for the vapor wall and head room to beat the band. not to mention 5 beds, a nice kitchen, roomy bedrooms, and a garage big enough for all of my quads! my mind was changed and i bought it and quit tandem towing.
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #29

26RL Grey Wolf

2011 Grey Wolf, I'm thinking of having it re-painted yellow, cause It's just a lemon, and I normally make lemonaid out of lemons, but this one is just too far gone for me. Forest River is towing it back to the factory to go through the entire coach. I just hope they can fix all the problems. Frame is off, major electrical problems, roof problems, A/C problems, Heat problems...It's a shame cause it's a nice coach and I really like it..But I never get to use it cause it lives in the service dept.
amdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell18 View Post
We have a 2008 V-Lite, what a piece of junk, will never own one again and will never own FR again.l
I was curious what problems you had that would turn you off so bad, so I checked your posts. I didn't see much there. Have you had a lot of problems you didn't post about?
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #31

I didn't want to go into total detail, but the roof had to be totally replaced, the Lippert fram is off, and the coach leans to one side, the electric jacks, are not working properly, the water heater keeps tripping the power pole breaker, and the A/C short cycles, the lights dim for no reason.. The list just goes on.. Forest River is taking it back to the factory..I can only hope they can fix all the problems
Old 08-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #32

We bought a 2007 Lexington and we love it!! We are not new to RVing, but new to motor homes. This one was a diamond in the rough I guess. We currently have it for sale, as we need a larger one since grangirls moved closer! We are definitely looking at replacing it with another Lexington/Concord. Seems all RV's have some issues and I feel for people that have buyers remorse.
Andi & Jim
kidsgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #33

I'm afraid that Quality Control is something of the past . This coach should have never been shipped to the dealer, and when the dealer did the PDI on the coach these problems should have been caught. I'm far from being new to the RVing thing. Never have I had so many major issues wit a new coach,and I have had new diesel pushers, gas coaches, and countless TTers.

But this is still a nice coach if they can get all the problems fixed.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #34

I love my 2013 2702SS. I have had some very small issue that I had to call a dealer out to take care of but overall I love my TT. I listened very close to advise I recieved on this site and asked alot of questions and did one hell of a PDI. The dealer was actually a little miffed because I was so detailed and had them fix all the small issue before I even signed the papers. This is my first TT and I know that it will not be my last.....next time it will be a FR product as well.

John
2009 Silverado w/5000 lbs airbags and P3 controller.
2013 Rockwood 2702SS
US Army Veteran
Glockfanjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #35

I did my homework on the coach before I decied to buy the 26rl, and I'm not mad at FR either, I'm sure that they will do everything they can to make it right, and if not...then I'll just make the call to my lawyer's and let them deal with it.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdisc View Post
I'm afraid that Quality Control is something of the past. This coach should have never been shipped to the dealer, and when the dealer did the PDI on the coach these problems should have been caught. I'm far from being new to the RVing thing. Never have I had so many major issues wit a new coach,and I have had new diesel pushers, gas coaches, and countless TTers.
But this is still a nice coach if they can get all the problems fixed.
i wonder if your coach was a monday or friday machine? that's always been my worry no matter what i bought. was it built on monday or friday?
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #37

2011 831 RLBSS Flagstaff classic supelite.

Overall, we like the trailer. Looks nice and functions well for us.

However, I am disappointed with the quality of the components. Thin easily damaged panels, pastic everything faucets, water lines really thin and cheap, squeaks, creaks, moans, minimalist construction, rust breaking out all over and barely a year of light use, cheap common appliances and just generally doesn't deliver on the appearance of quality the trailer gives.

It's just over a year old and we're beginning to replace the cheap bits (ie; plastic faucets with actual faucets) with new pieces because they are either failing or are showing the wear of one year of light use.

It might be a bit more acceptable had we not paid so much for the unit. The asking price is too high for what you get.

They bill them as "superlite" and point to the plastic and thin components as weight savings schemes when I know damned well it's not about saving weight. It's about minimizing their production costs per unit and maximizing profit. That all this Chinese sourced crap (yes, Chinese crap, everything I've replaced for either failure or about to fail has had "made in china" stamped on it) is "lite" is a by product that they can use for marketing hype.

I didn't pay 35-40 grand for a unit that would require replacement parts after the first year.

That's crap no matter how you slice it.

Saying that price and construction is the same/similar/competitive for all the manufacturers just illustrates that they're all waaaay overpriced for what you get.

Would I buy another FR product?

Dunno, everybody seems to be making the same crap so I can't say yes or no because there doesn't seem to be a viable alternative product.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't......

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #38

Gry Wolf 26RL

My coach is actually very very nice looking, great interior colors, and it's something that won't be dated looking in just a few short years. But looks are very deceiving. FR is doing the right thing at this point and they have been in touch with me. All I am asking is for a coach that has no problems and that I feel safe in.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKyle View Post
i wonder if your coach was a monday or friday machine? that's always been my worry no matter what i bought. was it built on monday or friday?
I worked in a factory for 11 years. I know all about Mondays and Fridays...we would get paid on Thursday night....lots of people chose not to come to work on Friday so someone else had to be put in their place to make production. I guess it happens everywhere..We got all kinds of orders sent back because of wrong parts, etc.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #40

Gry Wolf 26RL

I can only hope that FR will fix all the problems. Iam holding my breath waiting to see what they come up with. I just want to make sure the coach is safe and has no problems, especially with the price we paid for it.
So far it has not been a pleasent experience.