Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2019, 11:16 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulch View Post
I build and fly RC model airplanes. Generally I only camp at flying events so I load my big beasts ( usually 1.5 to 3 meter wingspan models ) usually on the bed and the sofa and the dinette in the 5th wheel and unload on site. Recently spent 10 days in South Carolina at a huge international meet with a thousand or so like minded campers. Most of the sites were dry so a generator and and plenty of water was required. Great fun.
My dog also liked a nap in the PM but piston engine and turbine noise kept us awake.
X2
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:44 AM   #142

The DW raises Guinea Pigs and we go to county/state fairs and shows often. We usually bring from 10 -15 pigs with us for her to show. I love to fish so my gears comes as well, usually we can find a campground near both of our hobbies so it works out for the both of us. The DW shows have allowed us to go to parts of the country that we haven't seen yet, so it has been fun.
Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #143

My hobbies are motorcycles (dirt and road), Bicycles, Drone, and Running.
I often bring my Drone, usually go running, and like to bring my bicycle.. Dont bring my Motorycles though, not enough room. I do plan a motorcycle camping trip though.
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:32 AM   #144

Toy Hauler

Toy Hauler is the way to go for hobbies. Golf cart goes when camping near the beach to haul stuff or when needed in general or fishing. ATV goes when boondocking our hunting. Hobie pedal kayaks and/or bicycles slide in by golf cart or ATV. Harley Davidson...

Wish there were a way to tow my boat with the toy hauler. Can't put hitch on back b/c of the way it's built. Can't have or take everything I guess.

Other than that, Charcoal grilling on the weber for yummy meals.

With my life style, I wouldn't own anything but a toy hauler. My guess is most people wish they had bought one or don't consider it.

Good topic. I read every single reply and was pleasantly surprised by the interesting responses.
rockinreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:36 AM   #145

It was because of our hobby that we got into camping. We go to Renaissance Faires and like to dress the part. I got very leery of hotel rooms and what might be lurking in the beds.

Now we are into Cast Iron cooking groups and still going to Renaissance Faires.

For quiet time I like to crochet.
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:33 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinn View Post
I got very leery of hotel rooms and what might be lurking in the beds.
This sums up the whole reason we got into RVing.
UGACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:01 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgray12845 View Post
We love to be active with our hobbies when we arrive at our destination. We use the Yakups brand rack that carry's everything! This Heavy duty rack is easy to load! This is on our Fifth wheel but they fit any motorhome, Van or truck camper.

Did your camper have an “extra” carrying capacity for your rear bumper? I’ve heard a lot of stories about the factory stock bumpers failing due to excess weight, so I’ve been leery of throwing too much back there.
LTnTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:39 PM   #148

I love to read. Always have my kindle with me. I can sit inside or outside. Doesnt matter. I'm not at home and relaxing.
S.kimbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping