Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2019, 05:13 PM   #21

You haven't mentioned how you came about this find. And, who is the current title holder (as in open title) and are there liens. If it is an Internet ad, I see red flags waving. I have seen scammers locally as-well. As other have said, there are things that will have to be done, just be sure you have something to do it on. Extreme caution going into this one.

On the flip side, we saw a Jeep Liberty advertised on craigslist that was three yrs old and had 8,006 original miles. We were looking for a toad and I mentioned this ad to DW as kind of a joke. Well, we should at least check it out.
We decided to drive 260 miles on a gamble. It was legit, the Mother had bought the Jeep new thinking she could still drive. But it seemed that everything was getting in her way. Her daughter convinced her to quit driving. The paperwork was in order and we bought it, spent a thousand dollars to take car of the dings and it has been an excellent vehicle. But, until we could verify the story, we were doubting Thomases.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:25 PM   #22

You might want to have the people take it to a dealer and see what they'd offer for it as a trade in... or a consignment place. Usually the NADA is much higher than what you can sell or trade it in for.

If it's been sitting there since it was new, it might be an incredible deal, but you're not going to drive it away and have no problems which could add up to significant amount of money. Add dried out seals, mice or bugs in the walls are all things you cannot see.

Is this your first camper?
Old 08-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #23

I might be hesitant as everyone that owned it became ill.
Juniorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:01 PM   #24

Thumbs down

I don't buy the long story so I wouldn't buy it. The truck blew up so it sits for a year?
Ready2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCFR3762 View Post
Sounds like there’s a lot of illness and misfortune attached to it. Not sure I’d want all that bad mojo around me and my family!
X2, this thing is cursed!
Old 09-02-2019, 08:12 PM   #26
Lets go camping!

I wouldnt want it with all those bad stories.

whatever you do, dont pay nada or above. atleast 2K less.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:13 PM   #27

It’s worth what you’ll pay for it. There are WAY too many used RVs out there to pay full price.
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
A brand new, 5yr old RV is called a wallflower by dealers.
It'll need tires, roof inspection, resealing and faded paint care.
The PDI should be especially thorough.
You can't just assume it needs a paint correction or resealing. It TOTALLY depends on its storage conditions. Tires are borderline at 5 years. Again, it depends on how and where it was stored and how it was cared for.
Mark N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:22 PM   #29

Is the current owner willing to give you a warranty on the camper. Maybe 50-50 split on anything that goes wrong in the next year. If not I would be below NADA price not over. Sounds like a little bit of negotiating is called for here, as this is something out of the ordinary.
bohacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:32 PM   #30

No offense to anyone, but its not new, its not even a one owner, Its a used two owner 5 year old RV that will need work. Its worth what you can negotiate to buy it for, but no way is it worth anything over NADA book etc. Its a used camper plain and simple. I would almost rather have one that had seen regular occasional use and maintenance.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy1965 View Post
No offense to anyone, but its not new, its not even a one owner, Its a used two owner 5 year old RV that will need work. Its worth what you can negotiate to buy it for, but no way is it worth anything over NADA book etc. Its a used camper plain and simple. I would almost rather have one that had seen regular occasional use and maintenance.
I have to agree why would you?
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #32

Make sure it has a clear title. I checked on several late model campers at fantastic prices only to find out they were salvage or parts only with NO title. (Yes, I know you can get a tag with some salvage titles, but it is a lot of work and iffy.)
Kat2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:03 PM   #33

Honestly, I wouldn’t go one penny above 60% of NADA and that’s pushing it. You can find some new units for around $14k to $16k. I think that unit is a problem waiting to happen. Like one of the other posters said, it will need new tires. Hell, that’s $700 right there. Run Forest, run!
Bissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:52 PM   #34

Used is used, sad for them but sitting doing nothing is the same as abusing (in a way) I cannot see you paying for their emotional let downs and loss of relatives. You will still be stuck with all the repair bills, dried seals, motors that never ran etc. Actually this might be the best deal that you SHOULD walk away from
Stormvet1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:07 PM   #35

Keep Looking!

There are actually newer and better Keystone Springdales available online for slightly less to slightly more $$. Considering that an RV is typically under-utilized (often sold as nearly new) by most people, I would keep looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190905-205849_Chrome.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	214286  
Zixxer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:26 PM   #36

Yeah, get on something like RVTrader.com and see what the asking price for other similar units. Keep in mind, those asking prices are going to be the opening "high" bid in a negotiation.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:32 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorz View Post
I might be hesitant as everyone that owned it became ill.
I would RUN from it!
Sick, ill, dies.
Truck blows up.
ch1ch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:50 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
NADA is just a number. Pay what you think is fair and not a single cent more.

Tim
What..??? Aren't there web apps out there now that TELL ME what I SHOULD pay for a car?

:roflb lack:
Egalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:56 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy1965 View Post
X2
Egalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:10 AM   #40

How Much Above NADA

New trailers generally have issues that have to be addressed but fortunately when new they are covered by a warranty. So unless the seller is willing to provide full warranty you are stuck with those costs. As pointed out you will need to replace the tires for starters. Also as pointed out it is not new but a used trailer so just because unit has not been "used" it is still not new and its loan value and your resale value is not going to be above NADA the minute you drive it out of the shop. Unless you are very handy and capable of performing any required repairs I suspect this could have the potential to be a nightmare and you should keep looking. Alternatively you could have it thoroughly inspected and require the seller to make any and all repairs and provide a warranty on all major systems for sufficient time for you to check them out which I doubt they would agree to. If they are willing to provide a warranty get it in writing and be specific.
Good luck to you.
colretired is offline   Reply With Quote