Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2019, 06:02 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Come on. The guy buys a tent and wants to be sure all is okay with it. He sets it up in the parking next to his truck. It is there for 10 minutes, all is good, down comes the tent.
My $25,000 guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
You could be correct. Staying overnight where they bought it to make sure all good before they left. Much easier to take it back in than try and get warranty repair after 🤣🤣🤣
Ok so then what your saying is they were only doing their PDI on the tent they bought
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Regardless of permission from Walmart, camping on public and private property is illegal in the city of Sacramento. Other cities probably have similar ordinances.

12.52.030 Unlawful camping.
It is unlawful and a public nuisance for any person to camp, occupy camp facilities, or use camp paraphernalia in the following areas:
A. Any public property; or
B. Any private property.
1. It is not intended by this section to prohibit overnight camping on private residential property by friends or family of the property owner, so long as the owner consents and the overnight camping is limited to not more than one consecutive night.
2. Nothing in this chapter is intended to prohibit or make unlawful, activities of an owner of private property or other lawful user of private property that are normally associated with and incidental to the lawful and authorized use of private property for residential or other purposes; and provided further, nothing is intended to prohibit or make unlawful, activities of a property owner or other lawful user if such activities are expressly authorized by the Planning and Development Code or other laws, ordinances and regulations.
3. The city manager may, as provided in Section 12.52.050 of this chapter, issue a temporary permit to allow camping on public or private property in connection with a special event.

A violation of this section is a misdemeanor. In addition to the remedies set forth in Penal Code Section 370, the city attorney may institute civil actions to abate a public nuisance under this chapter. (Ord. 2013-0021 § 34; prior code § 44.03.007)
Seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the law as written and as applied?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sacramento Homeless.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	205558  
Steve_Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:49 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Elliott View Post
As I mentioned earlier, Sacramento PD cops have a lot of discretion on how this no camping law is enforced...with generous input from their command staff...who get generous input from city leaders.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:15 PM   #44

If this is in Northern California they have been doing it since the Camp Fire last November. No housing available
Rogerbab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:43 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Elliott View Post
Don't overlook the number of times Judges have enjoined Cities from closing down these "Tent Cities".

BTW, for those who weren't around in the 1930's, during that time period cities spawned "Hoovervilles" which were shanty towns built by the homeless forced out of their homes due to unemployment and total lack of jobs during the Depression.

Difference between those times and today is that many of those "residents" had skills and would jump at the opportunity to have a job, any job.

Today our "Tent Cities" often have those who would rather have their drugs and alcohol than take a job (assuming they are actually employable).

Back in the 30's there were government work programs to help alleviate the problem. Today it seems like any relief program that requires one to work is immediately challenged as illegal or un-constitutional.

Times have changed.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
It is assumed that when one seeks permission from the Wal-Mart manager, they would be informed if 1) their particular store policy permits it and 2) whether the particular locale says it's okay. The manager is obviously not going to say "go ahead" if the town prohibits it.
It's logical to assume that the manager is not going to say "go ahead" if the town prohibits it, but we have encountered many Wal-Marts that say "It's against town ordinance, but people do it all the time and are never bothered so you should be okay. We have overnighted at some of these Wal-Marts without incident.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
SS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
X2 on missing stuff. We drove up the scenic 7 one time(not towing) and I figure at least 20 near death experiences...trying to look around...2-3 seconds at a time.
That wouldn't happened to have been Arkansas's scenic 7 would it?
Old 05-30-2019, 08:56 PM   #48

This don't bother me as bad as the $500,000 motor home spending a week in a Walmart with their awning and grill out.
birchcrossing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:05 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchcrossing View Post
This don't bother me as bad as the $500,000 motor home spending a week in a Walmart with their awning and grill out.

Exactly why the motor home owner would be boon docking at WM. Can’t afford the campground rates.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:25 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Circus View Post
Exactly why the motor home owner would be boon docking at WM. Can’t afford the campground rates.
Maybe it's a member of the Walton Family [emoji849][emoji849]

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:01 AM   #51

The impression I get from some of the posts on this thread is that some people object to tent camping on Walmart property because it could jeopardize Walmart camping privileges for the rest of us. Frankly, I can't imagine ever pulling my TT into a Walmart with the intention of camping there. If a Walmart parking lot was the best campsite I could rely on, I wouldn't leave home in the first place.
2018 WRX
There is nothing so eloquent as a rattlesnake's tail. ~Navajo proverb
43Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:22 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hawk View Post
The impression I get from some of the posts on this thread is that some people object to tent camping on Walmart property because it could jeopardize Walmart camping privileges for the rest of us. Frankly, I can't imagine ever pulling my TT into a Walmart with the intention of camping there. If a Walmart parking lot was the best campsite I could rely on, I wouldn't leave home in the first place.

X2
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:39 AM   #53

I've used a Walmart parking lot to store my trailer when my TV broke down. It was posted "NO overnight camping" but people were still doing it. I actually went into the store and talked to the store manager to explain the situation. They were very helpful and accomodating to me. Best part is my brand new 2504s was still in one piece when I got back from the remainder of my trip!
DNA Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:40 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaCityBulldog View Post
That wouldn't happened to have been Arkansas's scenic 7 would it?
10-4 It would...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:49 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
I've seen several of the newer Walmarts that have parking lots that are setup in a way that will keep RVs out. Big rocks placed at the entrance to each aisle and the turns are very narrow. It wouldn't surprise me to see them all eliminate overnight parking at some point. Then where all the class A diesel pushers going to stop for the night?

LOL that's funny I guess the Class A diesel pusher owners will have to take the rubber band off their wallets and pay for a night in a campground
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:52 PM   #56

How much more of this before??

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
It has got a like button, just say X2 or say nothing

X2 is not my sentiment.
xgarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 03:56 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchcrossing View Post
Don’t believe I’ve ever seen that.