Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2022, 01:18 PM   #1

How to get graphics/decals from FR

Site Team Note: The following posts have been moved to this thread so as to not confuse/hijack another

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsales View Post
hey Y'all
just a little preturbed. I've sent a couple of emails to FR asking questions on my my new to me Wolf PUp. They were regarding little things like speakers, and I've got another about my bathroom exhaust fan. I have gotten NO response. I know customer service will be a factor when i buy my next unit, which I will. Maybe the windmills aren't turning fast enough in Topeka to power the internet. (Yes I have been to Topeka. (many times.
just curious.
john
It’s funny because I read all these posts where people contact FR parts and they say they have had good results, even know the people there by first names, etc. But I’ve called FR parts numerous times, left voicemails and NEVER EVER have gotten a call back. I’ve sent emails with the same result. So why the difference? Not sure, I don’t rant or rave in my messages, just want to see if a part is available for my unit. What’s the trick?
Sbosserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 03:16 PM   #2

Forest who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsales View Post
hey Y'all
just a little preturbed. I've sent a couple of emails to FR asking questions on my my new to me Wolf PUp. They were regarding little things like speakers, and I've got another about my bathroom exhaust fan. I have gotten NO response. I know customer service will be a factor when i buy my next unit, which I will. Maybe the windmills aren't turning fast enough in Topeka to power the internet. (Yes I have been to Topeka. (many times.
just curious.
john
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbosserman View Post
Itís funny because I read all these posts where people contact FR parts and they say they have had good results, even know the people there by first names, etc. But Iíve called FR parts numerous times, left voicemails and NEVER EVER have gotten a call back. Iíve sent emails with the same result. So why the difference? Not sure, I donít rant or rave in my messages, just want to see if a part is available for my unit. Whatís the trick?
There are several divisions in Forest River. They all operate independently. Forest River, Inc. is a holding company and only deals with financials. Trying to get someone at Forest River Corporate Headquarters will not help you. You need to contact someone in the division which built your unit--Cherokee for fxsales, not clear for sbosserman.

Attached is a list of division contacts from 2018. Maybe someone else will have a newer one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ForestRiverContactInformation.pdf (46.2 KB, 38 views)

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:29 PM   #3

Quote:
It’s funny because I read all these posts where people contact FR parts and they say they have had good results, even know the people there by first names, etc. But I’ve called FR parts numerous times, left voicemails and NEVER EVER have gotten a call back. I’ve sent emails with the same result. So why the difference? Not sure, I don’t rant or rave in my messages, just want to see if a part is available for my unit. What’s the trick?

I very much doubt I would call FR in 5 years time ... there is very few PARTS actually made by them ..

I would search for stuff that for my trailer that is local (Hardware) ... or on Amazon for a new converter or something

I suppose my question was easy for the gal at FR
seeing my trailer was brand new and I was just asking where was a repair place near me that they deal with..

the first repair company I chose declined to do the repair for what FR offered them
I was pleasantly surprised when a couple of days later FR CALLED me and said they spoke to another guy near me (Mobile tech) offered him x dollars to do the work and he is ok with that...

And the First guy was offered a bit more to do the job he called me back said he would do it now... Sorry #2 now has the job.

I would assume once out of warranty the best place to call is the producer of the part Microwave, fridge , A/c etc etc

you'd probably get faster service..
Old 09-11-2022, 06:37 PM   #4

Not only that, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
I very much doubt I would call FR in 5 years time ... there is very few PARTS actually made by them ..

I would search for stuff that for my trailer that is local (Hardware) ... or on Amazon for a new converter or something
I would assume once out of warranty the best place to call is the producer of the part Microwave, fridge , A/c etc etc

you'd probably get faster service..
Not only that, but the manufacturers of RV parts are much more liberal than FR's one year warranty. RV parts are also warrantied by the part manufacturer, commonly for two years for things like ranges, fans, converter, water pumps, etc. I think the Lippert frames are covered for five years!

And there have been several threads on this forum where the manufacturer covered an item after the term of the warranty because he believed the part simply should not have failed that way. A few subscribers have mentioned instances where Lippert sent one of their welders to the owner's driveway to re-weld spring mounts.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 08:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
There are several divisions in Forest River. They all operate independently. Forest River, Inc. is a holding company and only deals with financials. Trying to get someone at Forest River Corporate Headquarters will not help you. You need to contact someone in the division which built your unit--Cherokee for fxsales, not clear for sbosserman.

Attached is a list of division contacts from 2018. Maybe someone else will have a newer one.
I just double checked and that FR parts Oregon phone number IS the exact same phone number I have called previously. However, the contact person & email have changed. I can try to email the new person in charge. But the fact remains, I leave voicemails at the correct number, but get no call backs. Go figureÖ..
Old 09-24-2022, 08:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRP09 View Post
I emailed a guy in the warranty department of the Coachmen division, Gary was his name. I did get a prompt reply. It was a lousy reply, but a reply nonetheless.
My problem was with the FR parts department, not the warranty department.
Old 09-24-2022, 11:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
If the original poster would expand on what info they are seeking, they stand a better chance of getting an answer here since the unit is years out of original warranty. As much detail as possible for the best help.

Also most of the parts on FR units are Lippert or LCI parts. Their parts department has been very helpful in my experience.
Not sure where everyone thought I was trying to obtain warranty parts, Iím very aware that my unit is out of warranty. I was trying to order replacement exterior decals. Canít seem to get anybody at FR parts in Oregon (where my unit was made) to answer the simple question of whether or not they have them in stock. Iíve phoned them using the correct phone numbers as verified previously, left messages with my questions, no response. I even emailed photos of the decals I want, still no response. Now, do you see why Iím so frustrated???!!! Please stop trying to make me look like I donít know what Iím doing. I just want to buy ďWildcatĒ logo decals that Iím not able to get elsewhere, especially Lippert. Only Forest River would have theseÖ.maybe, but I donít know because I canít get anyone to return my calls or answer my emails.
Old 09-25-2022, 01:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Not sure where everyone thought I was trying to obtain warranty parts, Iím very aware that my unit is out of warranty. I was trying to order replacement exterior decals. Canít seem to get anybody at FR parts in Oregon (where my unit was made) to answer the simple question of whether or not they have them in stock. Iíve phoned them using the correct phone numbers as verified previously, left messages with my questions, no response. I even emailed photos of the decals I want, still no response. Now, do you see why Iím so frustrated???!!! Please stop trying to make me look like I donít know what Iím doing. I just want to buy ďWildcatĒ logo decals that Iím not able to get elsewhere, especially Lippert. Only Forest River would have theseÖ.maybe, but I donít know because I canít get anyone to return my calls or answer my emails.
If you search E-bay you can find them just search Wildcat trailer decals and a few are shown That is the only ones I have found.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 02:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Wow, you seem nice. I bet you are fun at parties!

I just went back and re-read your original post and can't see where you mentioned decals at all. Or the Oregon manufacturing location.

As a general rule, nobody here works for FR, just a bunch of folks who share an interest in camping and (mostly) own campers made by the same manufacturer.

Everyone here who offers help does it on their own time, without compensation. So I am not sure that copping an attitude is the most effective way to get what you want.

But, good luck nonetheless!

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 04:29 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
You might try Wildcat in Indiana.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:30 AM   #11

I'm surprised Wildcat didn't get back to the OP

With my previous Georgetown MH (second owner) I worked directly through Forest River to purchase new entry steps. FR charged me the cost of the steps, less than half price, plus shipping. I had them in three days.

On my current Sportscoach, Coachman, I had an issue this past March with a broken ice maker water line and couldn't find the shut off valve. On a Saturday for the sake of trying I called Coachman, I just Googled the number, and someone answered after one and a half rings. He asked me my vin# and within a couple of minutes told me where to find the valve. That's pretty good service, although minor.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:44 AM   #12

This place has all the graphics going back a number of years. I do not know if they are more expensive the the manufacturer but they certainly have them and they are easy to order.

https://rvgraphicsstore.com/
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:12 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Not sure where everyone thought I was trying to obtain warranty parts, I’m very aware that my unit is out of warranty. I was trying to order replacement exterior decals. Can’t seem to get anybody at FR parts in Oregon (where my unit was made) to answer the simple question of whether or not they have them in stock. I’ve phoned them using the correct phone numbers as verified previously, left messages with my questions, no response. I even emailed photos of the decals I want, still no response. Now, do you see why I’m so frustrated???!!! Please stop trying to make me look like I don’t know what I’m doing. I just want to buy “Wildcat” logo decals that I’m not able to get elsewhere, especially Lippert. Only Forest River would have these….maybe, but I don’t know because I can’t get anyone to return my calls or answer my emails.
You do not seem to be the OP and are replying to advice given to the OP (not you), which is confusing this thread. The site team is going to move all of your posts (starting at post #11 when you entered this thread) to their own thread.

Closing thread till we get it all straight.

Whatís worse than a box full of snakes?
A box that was SUPPOSED to be full of snakes.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:48 AM   #14
Site Team

Posts moved to this new thread.

Whatís worse than a box full of snakes?
A box that was SUPPOSED to be full of snakes.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote