Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2017, 06:51 PM   #1

How to get ladder mounting info from Forest RIver

I have a new ladder (TopLine aluminum ordered through the dealer) that I want to install on the back of our 210RBXL. I have seen a couple of threads where people contacted Forest River and FR provided "building drawings" that showed where the structure was in the trailer so they could do a particular mod. Of course I can't find one now so I wanted to ask if anyone could direct me to the right person or department to contact to get this help.

Thanks!
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:58 PM   #2

Consensus is, if the ladder was not installed at the factory, the required blocking is NOT in place for an after market install.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #3

I've read that but the dealer was more than willing to install the ladder. Why would they do that if it shouldn't be done? If you're wondering why we didn't have them do the install, it is simply logistics - we live over 100 miles from the dealer and the ladder wasn't available when we were going to pick the trailer up. I'm quite comfortable with doing the install myself as long as I can get the proper location of the supports.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:33 AM   #4

My friend with a Bigfoot camper - not an FR product - got a template from the factory to guide his installation of a ladder.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #5
Site Team

I went to the registry and see that you have the Cruise-Lite. The below info should still apply.

There's a Contact List in the library that should have the contact for your rv's division. You may be able to get the location from them.

I'd probably contact the dealer first and see if they'll send you the location drawing or at least tell you how to find the blocks.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:47 PM   #6

Thanks Bama, I'll start with the Salem contact and see what I get.

I may also talk to our dealer but we don't have the most wonderful relationship at the moment. We weren't real happy with a number of things we found when we got home with the new trailer and the response from the dealer didn't really grow my confidence in them to do things right the first time.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:48 PM   #7

I was thinking of adding a ladder to my 2017 Freedom Express even though they did nt offer that as an option when I bought it. They do have it on the 2018 models. I contacted the customer service at FR and they sent me the schematic of the back wall and it indeed had the proper backing. They started adding the backing about 5 years ago even though they didn't offer the ladder option. So contact them and see what they can send you.
stevegotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:23 PM   #8

I just installed a ladder on the rear of our 2014 Sun Seeker, with the back bedroom slide. The slide is off set on the back so there was plenty of room for the ladder.
It took me about 3 hours to do the install. I received the plan from our regional Forest River Rep Valerie Kite. We used 1 1/2 inch screws (pre drill small holes) and putty under the fasteners on the ladder and Dicor on the top part that fastens to the roof.
Not much to it.

Brandon 2
201 2500TS
Sun Seeker
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, mount