Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2016, 01:16 PM   #21

We store the TT in a storage lot. I keep the roof vents open and have aluminum bubble wrap on the windows to help keep the heat out. No power and the batteries turned off. I prop the inside fridge open so that air can get into it. No cover in the summer time since we use it often.

David & Janet
2015 GMC, Z71, 1500, 5.3L, 3:42
2016 Vibe 268RKS
dnjsellars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #22

Thanks everyone. I was just worried that I would hurt something leaving it hot boxed like that. Lucille is parked behind the house and about 75' from power. I plug it into the 20A circuit in the garage with the 25' regular cord and then another 50' 12gauge extension cord. I am ok running the fridge but I don't want to ruin the AC by running it on to low of amps. It is the smaller AC but still don't want to chance it.

Thanks for all the input👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Tyler_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:04 PM   #23
OldGuysRule

We are seasonal down by the beach, but I pull it home each fall (back in the spring). We use it like a spare room for he holidays. I chock, block and level the camper, hook up the power, winterize the water and leave the electric plugged in for the duration. I turn off the fridge and unplug anything that draws amps even when turned off. We run the propane or electric heat only when someone is in the trailer. We pull the bump outs in if there's any snow in the forecast, and leave them in/trailer closed up as long as there's snow pack.
Renegade837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #24

It is next to my house so plugged in with both ACs set to 80 F.
I live in SE Texas.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:25 PM   #25

No room at home. Keep our Puma at a storage facility. #1 on list for the next covered spot. Right now we have ours in the yard. Nothing is on but we keep the battery connected during camping season. In the fall we remove the battery and take it home and put it on a trickle charger. The day before we plan to camp we bring her home and park on the street. Plug her into 120VAC. Start up the fridge. After a couple hours we start to bring our groceries in. Keep her plugged in overnight. Next day we disconnect shore power and the fridge switches over to LP til we get to the campsite and we hook back up to 120.
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #26

Outside next to the garage.

Winter time: Damp rid, winterized so no heat battery disconnected with a Battery Tender hooked to it.

Between Memorial Day and Labor day plugged in and ready to roll.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:25 PM   #27

We keep ours plugged in at home parked on a recycled asphalt pad. I leave food and drinks onboard during camping season, restocking items used when we get home from a trip. Always ready to roll. Just have to add the last few things from the fridge and breadbox from the house. We've done it this way for years and never had any problems. I can always be ready to roll on a half hours notice.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:07 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_13 View Post
Thanks everyone. I was just worried that I would hurt something leaving it hot boxed like that. Lucille is parked behind the house and about 75' from power. I plug it into the 20A circuit in the garage with the 25' regular cord and then another 50' 12gauge extension cord. I am ok running the fridge but I don't want to ruin the AC by running it on to low of amps. It is the smaller AC but still don't want to chance it.

Thanks for all the input����

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Vent covers are a great thing,,, they allow you to leave vents open !!!
Remember heat rises !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:09 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Vent covers are a great thing,,, they allow you to leave vents open !!!
Remember heat rises !!!
Also a box fan running would keep the air moving !!!
Old 06-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingDownTheHighway View Post
between trips I leave it plugged in (NO AC), during the winter and we're done with it, I unplug it and let it be and stare at it out the window wishing I could go camping. lol
We do the exact same thing.

2016 Trips:16 Nights:41
2015 Trips:13 Nights:29
2014 Trips:13 Nights:31
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:52 AM   #31

We leave ours unplugged and have a battery disconnect we turn off. Leave both roof vents opened, covered of course, and good to go. This is in Alabama heat and humidity. Also have cover over the tires

Week before trip we open her up, plug her in, turn on A/C's to 82° and turn on fridge.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:33 AM   #32

We keep our motorhome parked on the driveway pulled up tight to the garage roof. One neighbor doesn't like it and has called the police complaining that it interferes with the sidewalk, which it does not. Police told me we have a busy body neighbor, and not to worry about it. Ho HOA in our neighborhood. Our house is freshly painted and our yard landscaped, so excuuuuuse me, it is not tacky!

Toni and Sal
2016 Forester 2291S
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
We keep our motorhome parked on the driveway pulled up tight to the garage roof. One neighbor doesn't like it and has called the police complaining that it interferes with the sidewalk, which it does not. Police told me we have a busy body neighbor, and not to worry about it. Ho HOA in our neighborhood. Our house is freshly painted and our yard landscaped, so excuuuuuse me, it is not tacky!

Toni and Sal
2016 Forester 2291S
That is just one of the reason we love our little 2 and a quarter acres in the country !!!
Old 06-19-2016, 11:09 AM   #34

We store in a boat storage rental. Metal pole building with about 40 doors on 40 foot units. Vented roof. Gravel floor. I turn off the battery at a switch installed on the battery box and open the fridge, freezer, kitchen sink cover, roof vent in bathroom and a couple of windows.
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
My trailer is stored in a storage lot about 15 miles away. The trailer tires are driven up on 2X8" boards and just the front legs extended. The tires are than covered and the power is off at the battery disconnect switch. No food in the trailer and the refrigerator doors are left open with the window shades pulled down and slides in.

I have been storing all of my trailers this way since we got back into camping sometime ago. I have never had any issues with my trailers stored this way. How do the RV dealers store the trailers for sale on their lots in the summertime?
X2 Outdoor storage lot.

I also leave the bathroom vent cracked (it has a camco rain cover) and the power tongue jack head has a cover.

I bought an A/C cover as well to keep dirt daubers out, but it is a PITA to put on and remove as much as we go camping, so I leave it off.

The exterior Fridge door, and furnace vents have bug screens.
GAWRF: 3900 GAWRR: 4100 GCWR: 17,000
Payload Sticker: 1,867 lbs Tow Capacity: 11,767 lbs
Towing a nice 5th wheel near you
m2kamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:14 PM   #36

How to store your trailer?

I am fortunate to have a 40x60 building to store mine. Always plugged into 30amp circuit , fridge off and doors open. Door and vents closed. Never had a problem.

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer