Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #1

Hydraulic Leak

Hello,

New to the Forum.

We have a 2013 293REX. We love the floor plan of this model.

Last week we took out 5th wheel out and went over the Cascades. When we got to camp and parked it, there was Hydraulic Fluid puddling up behind the rear left tire of the 5th wheel. We were able to get the slide extended. Latter in the day I took a look up under the underbelly cover and could see that the fluid came somewhere from under the ram that is located in from the center of the RV.

When we came home, there seemed to be no issues. The concern we have is that this happened basically at the 11th hour of the one-year warranty. We hope that Forest River covers and fixes the problem. Has anyone out there experienced a similar hydraulic leak? With such a new unit, we are wondering if this is the beginning of other major issues.

Thoughts?
Big Kitty 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kitty 13 View Post
Hello,

New to the Forum.

We have a 2013 293REX. We love the floor plan of this model.

Last week we took out 5th wheel out and went over the Cascades. When we got to camp and parked it, there was Hydraulic Fluid puddling up behind the rear left tire of the 5th wheel. We were able to get the slide extended. Latter in the day I took a look up under the underbelly cover and could see that the fluid came somewhere from under the ram that is located in from the center of the RV.

When we came home, there seemed to be no issues. The concern we have is that this happened basically at the 11th hour of the one-year warranty. We hope that Forest River covers and fixes the problem. Has anyone out there experienced a similar hydraulic leak? With such a new unit, we are wondering if this is the beginning of other major issues.

Thoughts?
Did you happen to check the hydraulic fluid level in the reservoir at anytime before you noticed the leak?

You don't say if the hydraulic system had oil added before this, but the hydraulic system might have been over serviced.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #3

Hello,

I checked the reservoir a few months ago and the level looked good. After noticing the leak, I checked the reservoir (with the slides out) and it was low by about 1 1/2 inches.
Big Kitty 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kitty 13 View Post
Hello,

I checked the reservoir a few months ago and the level looked good. After noticing the leak, I checked the reservoir (with the slides out) and it was low by about 1 1/2 inches.
That makes sense since you had a leak.

Sounds like your complete hydraulic system ( actuators,hoses,fittings etc.) needs a needs a checkout.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #5

Its either a bad seal on a ram, a loose fitting or a bad hose, Get it fixed before warranty runs out.
Honda 3000 si
4 6 volt batterys
wmcclay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, leak