Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I have long said the kids get their looks from their Momma but their mouth from their daddy. They’re pretty, but are a-holes.

Poor kids. This mouth causes a lot of angst and apologies.
Sounds like my granddaughter who got "her mouth" from my wife. Caused a lot of "eye rolling" by my daughter.

Last year of college now and a lot better.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #42
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Sounds like my granddaughter who got "her mouth" from my wife. Caused a lot of "eye rolling" by my daughter.

Last year of college now and a lot better.

This 15... one of us isn’t gonna make it.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #43

Quote:
This 15... one of us isn’t gonna make it.
Dad is GOD until girls hit about 12 years old. When girls hit about 12 years old, aliens come and take them away, leaving something that LOOKS like them, but isn't. Dad is now the biggest idiot in the world.

Somewhere around 25 years old, the aliens bring them back. Now Dad is a lot smarter than he used to be (but still no longer "cool").

For boys, it's just a little bit different. I think Mark Twain captured it well:

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."

Fortunately, I'm past all this now.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #44

I keep lots of tools but in this case i have to declare that we are gooseneck only. We have the Reese goosbox no no easy change over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdownward View Post
A good reminder that "stuff" can happen. So, for those of us using Anderson hitches, better always carry a 2 inch long 1/4" Allen wrench socket and a 15/16 box end and 15/16 socket to be able to remove the Anderson receiver from the 5er king pin coupler in case a tow vehicle doesn't have a gooseneck ball in the bed of their truck. Also, you will need a torque wrench (and the 15/16 socket) to be able to remove the base unit from your truck and put it on another that does have a gooseneck ball if needed. I always carry these tools - just in case!
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 PM   #45

Poor kids. This mouth causes a lot of angst and apologies.

Yep....sounds like a "Normal" teenager. Had 4 of them once....Thank God that's over.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:29 PM   #46

Quote:
Ha! My younger kid is 7. Brute of a boy. Has made me rethink everything I thought I knew about child-rearing.

Fortunately, this is all hypothetical and more of a lark on my kid getting her learner’s permit and learning to drive on the sole vehicle we own that pulls my house around!

Wow you are a youngster. Enjoy every moment of it. It sure doesn't last long.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #47
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Wow you are a youngster. Enjoy every moment of it. It sure doesn't last long.

Yeah. A blink ago, my son was born. My father-in-law looked at me and said, “just think, when he’s her age, she’ll be driving.”

And she is. And he is.

This is a large reason why we fulltime. Less distractions and more focus on the 4 of us.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:43 AM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Dad is GOD until girls hit about 12 years old. When girls hit about 12 years old, aliens come and take them away, leaving something that LOOKS like them, but isn't. Dad is now the biggest idiot in the world.

Somewhere around 25 years old, the aliens bring them back. Now Dad is a lot smarter than he used to be (but still no longer "cool").

For boys, it's just a little bit different. I think Mark Twain captured it well:

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."

Fortunately, I'm past all this now.
Ohh I do have to show this to my 25 year old daughter. It is so accurate.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #49

You have a young beautiful daughter.

You are full time in a moving house, and most of the roads in America are paved.

You have an OFF button on your cell phone.

I think you know what you must do...........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:06 PM   #50

Back to the original question. That’s how I ended up with my current truck. We were on a 2 week trip to the Redwoods and old truck broke down outside Des Moines, on the first day. Roadside assistance towed the truck to a nearby Chevy dealer and a cousin who lived close towed the tt to a KOA. Dealer called the next day and said I needed a new engine and it would take 3 days to fix. Truck wasn’t worth fixing, and we couldn’t spare 3 days, so we went there and bought a much better one. Rather expensive vacation, but I love the truck.

Tags
fifth wheel, truck, wheel