Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #1

I hope no ever buys a Forest River Camper!

I am so pissed off at Forest River. We bought a Forest River 26RR Camper. We bought this in Nov of 2018. We are now on Florida. We have had many problems with this camper. Now the water heater will not work. Not even 2 years old. I hope no one in their right minds buy one of these campers. Their **** does not last.. please stay far away from these campers. Our next camper will not be a Forest River. They do not care about their customers or their product. I am so pissed off. What a waste of the vacation we took off only to deal with all these problems. DO NOT EVER BUY A FOREST RIVER CAMPER. BUY ANOTHER BRAND. I know they see these posts. But will they ever do something about this. I think not. So far they could careless about the customer. They do not care!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegernes View Post
I am so pissed off at Forest River. We bought a Forest River 26RR Camper. We bought this in Nov of 2018. We are now on Florida. We have had many problems with this camper. Now the water heater will not work. Not even 2 years old. I hope no one in their right minds buy one of these campers. Their **** does not last.. please stay far away from these campers. Our next camper will not be a Forest River. They do not care about their customers or their product. I am so pissed off. What a waste of the vacation we took off only to deal with all these problems. DO NOT EVER BUY A FOREST RIVER CAMPER. BUY ANOTHER BRAND. I know they see these posts. But will they ever do something about this. I think not. So far they could careless about the customer. They do not care!!!!!!!!!
You realize that Forest River doesn't make the water heater right?
Old 03-15-2019, 05:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
You realize that Forest River doesn't make the water heater right?
He does now
2005 Rockwood 2516G (Sold)
2018 Chevy 2500 6.0 / 4.10's
Old 03-15-2019, 05:16 PM   #4
Insert witty title here

My Forest River camper has yet to give me a moment's grief.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
Old 03-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #5

Yes, but they should stand behind the product. They sell. This is completely a statement they do not stand behind their campers. I hope no one ever buys any campers from this company. No hot water with less than a 2 year old camper. EVEN GENERAL MOTORS WOULD STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #6

Were you pissed off when you posted on 11/26/18 that you stepped thru your skylight and two posts later a FR rep posted that he could assist you?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ht-174919.html

Your latest post makes you sound like a babbling I____... you probably burned out the element by having it turned on with no water in the tank, a minor blunder ... with an easy fix and a rookie mistake for sure.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
Old 03-15-2019, 05:37 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
I know they see these posts.
With the exception of one or two brands FR does not monitor the forum.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Old 03-15-2019, 05:45 PM   #8

Quote:
EVEN GENERAL MOTORS WOULD STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.

I wish this was true.

My 2004 started having gauge problems in 2009, along with fuel tank and a pulley. GM extended the warranty but never communicated it to me, nor did the dealer...Well, at least not until the extended warranty expired.

The dealer knew that I had those issues and never did anything to help. I emailed and called GM and contacted several in Detroit but just had smoke blown you know where.

I will never buy GM again.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:53 PM   #9

Did you buy this is in Nov 2018 or Nov 2018. If it was purchased in 2017, you should call the manufacturer of the water heater and see what they can do for you.

Does it work on either gas or electric?
Old 03-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Yes, but they should stand behind the product. They sell. This is completely a statement they do not stand behind their campers. I hope no one ever buys any campers from this company. No hot water with less than a 2 year old camper. EVEN GENERAL MOTORS WOULD STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.
Meh. Not so much.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xe...y-suck.365157/

Bob
Old 03-15-2019, 06:19 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
So shower in the bath house grab a beer and Doobie an chill out man. Going to have a stroke at this rate.

Help us help you, kind of like RV Counselling...

What is wrong with the water heater? Does the burner work or electric element?

Did you leave it in winter bypass by chance and you get luke warm water?

Help us help you, lots of RV Savvy people here ready to help out!

Jimmy Buffet fan..
Old 03-15-2019, 06:21 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Stanley View Post
I wish this was true.

My 2004 started having gauge problems in 2009, along with fuel tank and a pulley. GM extended the warranty but never communicated it to me, nor did the dealer...Well, at least not until the extended warranty expired.

The dealer knew that I had those issues and never did anything to help. I emailed and called GM and contacted several in Detroit but just had smoke blown you know where.

I will never buy GM again.
Agree on the GM due to handouts though...#Oshawapride
Old 03-15-2019, 06:21 PM   #13

Probably needs gas line vented and/or breaker reset. Like I have said. If you cant work on it you probably need to stick with hotels.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #14

I have read many post about great response from FR, and Keystone RV as well. We have owned a Keystone and now a FR. No real problems.to speak of, just a few minor issues with both. Sorry to hear your frustration. Maybe regroup and start over with FR and others about the problems. You need to keep in mind how many false claims FR receive every day about problems caused by the consumer. I would imagone they are careful from the start with all claims. One thing for sure,even though it is tough when frustrated, the cooler you remain the better things will go. Good Luck!
Old 03-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #15

Two Forest River A Frames, 7 years of service from them, one problem and FR sent me the new part with in 3 days. Current FR is now 2 years old.
I have no complaints.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
You mean the bailout?
Old 03-15-2019, 06:35 PM   #17

I have had other campers before. I do know how to run everything on this unit. Please do not defend this company. There was a screw into the wiring for the ac that cost me 400 dollars. Which is poor workmanship. Should never happen. I have done nothing wrong except buy a trusted product from a company that has been in business for many years. So please do not tell me this is my fault. Shame on you!
We all work hard for our money and manufacturers should stand behind their product!
Old 03-15-2019, 06:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Really? We are bringing this into the conversation about a trailer?
Old 03-15-2019, 06:47 PM   #19
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
I have had other campers before. I do know how to run everything on this unit. Please do not defend this company. There was a screw into the wiring for the ac that cost me 400 dollars. Which is poor workmanship. Should never happen. I have done nothing wrong except buy a trusted product from a company that has been in business for many years. So please do not tell me this is my fault. Shame on you!
We all work hard for our money and manufacturers should stand behind their product!
Let me know when you find a perfect RV...

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
Old 03-15-2019, 06:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Could.you give some detail about the screw into AC wiring, symptoms caused, how repaired , did you find it during warranty period, etc. Also besides HW and the wiring what other issues have you dealt with. Again many here would love to help. The more info about your unit and history will help.
Closed Thread

Tags
camper, forest river