Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #1

I hope the weather has been good for camping.

I hope the weather has been good for everyone camping so far this season. We put our camper on our seasonal site as of April 1st, but have not been able to do any R&R. My daughter graduated from college on Mothers Day and she has been playing Lacrosse for the college up until the Thursday before Mothers Day, we have been driving all over the State Of PA for her games and graduation now that this is all over we will be getting some R&R this weekend and I hear the weather is going to be great, I almost forgot what it is like to camp.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I hope the weather has been good for everyone camping so far this season. We put our camper on our seasonal site as of April 1st, but have not been able to do any R&R. My daughter graduated from college on Mothers Day and she has been playing Lacrosse for the college up until the Thursday before Mothers Day, we have been driving all over the State Of PA for her games and graduation now that this is all over we will be getting some R&R this weekend and I hear the weather is going to be great, I almost forgot what it is like to camp.
Each trip out for us has ended up being totally crappy weather. Last one was about 10 days ago and we had hoped to do some fishing but alas we got unprecedented winds of up to 60mph and swells on the lake up to 4'. You guessed it, we didn't do any fishing but I was sure re thinking by plans to build a wind generator to supplement the solar panels. Next trip starts this Monday and we are keeping our fingers crossed.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #3

rockwood06, as you already know, I have only been out once this year, 2nd weekend in March. I was planning on this weekend but, my DW has to work, I need to work (around the house) and the weather is suppose to be cool & stormy with heavy rains.

My DW will not work next weekend so we'll try and go then. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. We've had enough of rain and tornadoes.

NWJeeper, I have got to crappie fish a few times but I haven't hurt the crappie population very much.

Good luck and happy camping!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Last one was about 10 days ago and we had hoped to do some fishing but alas we got unprecedented winds of up to 60mph
So you were the one who sent the winds my way.... Thanks.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post

NWJeeper, I have got to crappie fish a few times but I haven't hurt the crappie population very much.

LOL. Went out today on our local lake for the first time this season. Lake was full of bass boats pre-fishing for a tournament this weekend but we still managed to eek out 4 nice small mouth for the few hours we were out. Don't have a lot of crappie around here but sure enjoyed catching them when I was a kid. The crappie don't seem to get all that big up here like the do in the warmer climates. They sure are fun to catch though when you find the school.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 05-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #6

We have been out on 3 different trips so far this year. First time just the weekend (2 nights) second time stayed an extra night, this last time we did 15 days solid! It rained on the Monday and Tuesday after we set up camp, than again the next weekend (remember the rains that flooded middle TN?) We didn't get as much rain as they did but it was no little sprinkle either.

As of right now....... been home for 3 nights...... I'm ready to pack up and go out again!

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Each trip out for us has ended up being totally crappy weather. Last one was about 10 days ago and we had hoped to do some fishing but alas we got unprecedented winds of up to 60mph and swells on the lake up to 4'. You guessed it, we didn't do any fishing but I was sure re thinking by plans to build a wind generator to supplement the solar panels. Next trip starts this Monday and we are keeping our fingers crossed.
Best of luck, I hope the weather holds up for you, but of course the fish don't mine the rain.....
Old 05-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
rockwood06, as you already know, I have only been out once this year, 2nd weekend in March. I was planning on this weekend but, my DW has to work, I need to work (around the house) and the weather is suppose to be cool & stormy with heavy rains.

My DW will not work next weekend so we'll try and go then. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. We've had enough of rain and tornadoes.

With the problems you had with delam, I know you can't wait to get back by the campfire. I just hope you have great weather from here on out and no more problems and enjoy your house work.....
Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #9

WHAT its camping season Well no one told me now i going to have to get my camper ready I really wish some one would tell my wife that its time to go camping she doeant seem to listen to me. Camper been home since Easter and just taking up space in my driveway .If she doesnt free up sometime to go soon she will waving bye to me in the driveway as i pull away
Old 05-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Best of luck, I hope the weather holds up for you, but of course the fish don't mine the rain.....
Well as I figured, my scheduled time off for next week is looking like rain and thunderstorms. If anyone living in the northwest would like my vacation leave schedule for the rest of the year so you know when NOT to go camping let me know....
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 05-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #11

Going out this weekend, to Charbonneau Park, it is located on the Snake River near the Tri-Cities, WA. We were out Easter weekend and the weather was not so good, but this weekend it is supposed to be in the mid-eighties. Last time we tested the heating, this time we will be testing the AC units.
Mandy
Partner
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjoe View Post
Going out this weekend, to Charbonneau Park, it is located on the Snake River near the Tri-Cities, WA. We were out Easter weekend and the weather was not so good, but this weekend it is supposed to be in the mid-eighties. Last time we tested the heating, this time we will be testing the AC units.
Have you been to that park before? I'm always looking for parks where I can camp and put my boat in for some fishing. We are headed out on Monday for LK Roosevelt for 4 or 5 days then down to the Potholes for bass fishing. Post some pictures of the park when you get back, I'd love to hear your reveiw of it.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 05-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #13

Quote:
With the problems you had with delam, I know you can't wait to get back by the campfire. I just hope you have great weather from here on out and no more problems and enjoy your house work.....
Yeah, I can't hardly wait but I guess I have to. That campfire sounds great. It's hard to beat sitting around a campfire with family and friends, solving all the world's problems!
I hope next weekend it drys up but I'm going rain or shine. Like it was said in an earlier post, the fish don't mind the rain, they're use to being wet! They are forecasting highs in the mid 70's and lows in the high 50's with sunshine for next weekend, but this time of year the weather can change in 5 minutes.
With the rain we're having I can't do much outside but the DW has plenty of suggestions for inside of the house.
It did rain hard yesterday so my DW and I check the TT really good. Couldn't find any evidence of leaks.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #14

I have been there before, it is beautiful. I think it is rated in the top 100 parks in the USA. It has boat launch, Ice Harbor dam is a few miles south of the park, so really you are camping on Lake Sacajeawea.
Mandy
Partner
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote