Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2022, 01:14 PM   #41

Predator Pee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountryboondocker View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Predator-Pee-.../dp/B01AL5YYSM

This works way better than rope lights to deter pests. Both the 4 legged and 2 legged kind!!
Interesting to know about this product. Maybe it works on armadillos, too? But really, how bad does it stink? And how close do you have apply it to the TT and TV? To be effective? Thanks.
Old 02-06-2022, 01:35 PM   #42
The Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2c View Post
but, WTH is with people and the LED lights???
I think the lights are used to attract children.
PoppySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:39 PM   #43

Red Fox Urine

I worked in a feed store and people always wanted to buy this stuff keep the rats out of their feed areas. It is very acidic, once you get the stuff on something, the odor is there for life. I used to put it on my hunting boots. Even after washing and walking thru snow and creeks, the odor was still there. Actually I put my boots away for the summer and the next year the composite soles crumbled off on my 1 st. hunt. I have hunting gloves I got it on 5 years ago, after several washes- odor is still there.
Point being, it may be worse than original problem.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired1stTimer View Post
Interesting to know about this product. Maybe it works on armadillos, too? But really, how bad does it stink? And how close do you have apply it to the TT and TV? To be effective? Thanks.
As far as I'm concerned coyote urine isn't much different than dog urine. I've been into more than a few garages where dogs have urinated all over the place and the stench is terrible. Sure wouldn't be my choice for a pest repellent. It can also repel people.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:43 PM   #45
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySteve View Post
I think the lights are used to attract children.
I believe you are right!
If the RV next to you looks like this, and you have kids, maybe find another spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chitty-chitty-bang-bang-child-catcher.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	268565  
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 02:36 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired1stTimer View Post
It stinks. I would not recommend putting it near your camper because to make it “effective” you would want to do a few different spots, which would bring the potency smell up even more.

But… would you rather have your neighbors lights on all night or smell rancid pee the entire time you’re there?
Backcountryboondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 02:37 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
As far as I'm concerned coyote urine isn't much different than dog urine. I've been into more than a few garages where dogs have urinated all over the place and the stench is terrible. Sure wouldn't be my choice for a pest repellent. It can also repel people.
Makes lights being on at night seem like a minor annoyance then!! Lol.
Backcountryboondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 03:15 PM   #48

Lights. Hmm.....Unless you have an aircraft landing light hooked up to your trailer. I can think of other things that are more irritating at a campground.

We pretty much stay at State and COE Parks. Where a lot of the rude and obnoxious behavior is mitigated. Neighbors are not 15 feet from my front door. If I hear loud music. I play it louder. They usually get the message. If they let their dogs run free. I walk Stella past their site a few times. Lights generally don't bother me. But I have a SPOT Light that will give them a tan from a hundred feet.

I am not typically a get in your face guy. I am polite and considerate of my neighbors. But I am tired of those that are not polite and considerate. The world does not revolve around you.

Your Camp Site Topography makes a lot of difference.

Have Fun All!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunting.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	592.7 KB
ID:	268576   Click image for larger version

Name:	hunting 2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	538.8 KB
ID:	268577  
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 03:15 PM   #49

Yeah

Yeah, Red Fox urine was always the winner in the "Smell This Contest" at the deer lease. Never fooled the same guy more than once. I have seen it bring strong guys to their knees.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 03:41 PM   #50
Open Space Wanted

As mentioned before.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2597856

In November, there was this hipster w/airstream and white lights everywhere into the night. The woods were flooded but since it didn't get into my RV, I didn't come a knockin'.
RedRoverComeOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:11 PM   #51
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I There is no way for my neighbor to build a campfire and me to expect the smoke go straight up and not invade my "private space" just a few feet away.

What, you don't have a left-handed smoke shifter!!

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:13 PM   #52
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
I use my LED lights in Texas to keep the elephants away. so far, we have not had a problem.

How does it work on donkeys

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 08:02 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I'm always amazed at these threads where someone willingly books a campsite within 15' of another campsite and then complains how they can't stand someone having lights, music playing and a campfire. It's like they believe there's an imaginary wall around their campsite and (insert James Earl Jones voice here) "No one shall invade!"

I'm all about courtesy and following rules of the campground but if you really believe that if your neighbor plays music, even just loud enough for them to hear it, that you won't hear it 15' away has no concept of reality. Same with smoke and lights. There is no way for my neighbor to build a campfire and me to expect the smoke go straight up and not invade my "private space" just a few feet away.

If you don't enjoy neighbors, don't visit 95% of all campgrounds in the US.
Murphy's law of physics states that everyone else's campfire smoke must travel to my campsite, regardless of wind direction.
18LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 10:11 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikec557 View Post
Sadly, I think it's not a question of " not realizing", I think it's a question of "don't care."

Just my 2¢
X2

Sent from my SM-A515U using Forest River Forums mobile app
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 10:18 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfrede View Post
I originally bought a set of rope lights to mark the ground for backing into a campsite at night since I often don't have a guide. Have not used them yet.
Interesting idea! I have a lantern that I sit on the corner of the campsite driveway. I just use it as the marker to "rotate" my trailer wheels around. Rope lights, like runway lights would be cool! Especially if they were just battery powered, like AA batteries.
NavyLCDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 10:30 AM   #56
Broken Toe

I find it ridiculous that people go camping with the attitude that everyone else must abide by what they think is the 'proper' way to camp.

It's been my experience that more and more, (im)perfect strangers will come up to me to reproach me on what I am doing on my own damn campsite because it does not align with their personal preferences. I've had a guy accost me for starting my truck too early on sunday, even though I was actively in the process of hooking up to leave. I even had one guy tell me and my friends we had to stop playing corn-hole at 2 bloody 'o clock in the afternoon because his wife could not sit out and enjoy her book "for all the noise". Sorry pal, just keep stepping right on back over to your site.

Unless there is specific rules against it, that guy is perfectly within his rights to run the blue LED's. It apparently adds to his camping experience, or else he wouldn't do it. He does not have to cater to your whims.

my $0.02

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 10:47 AM   #57
Trailer Park Supervisor

I understand Cowracer, but when one's 'whims' are unreasonable (leaving bright lights on all night, shining into your neighbor's windows), it's a problem. Obviously, your playing corn hole at 2 pm is not a problem, guy complaining is just a jerk. Playing at 2 am, problem. One of my last trips there were people playing cornhole until after midnight, complete with loud cheering, using pickup truck headlights to light the game up, which would have been shining right into my windows if not for my poor neighbor's trailer being there to block the light. Man, was that guy in a foul mood the next morning.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:09 AM   #58
Site Team

Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:17 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Not directed at you Ballistic, but has anyone noticed a recent tendency of people in this country to use 'America/rights' as an excuse to behave badly or be an inconsiderate neighbor lately?

Yep.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:39 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post

Unless there is specific rules against it, that guy is perfectly within his rights to run the blue LED's. It apparently adds to his camping experience, or else he wouldn't do it. He does not have to cater to your whims.

my $0.02

Tim
It is called common courtesy, which a lot of people do not have in this "me" generation.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 230 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote