Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #21
Sunseeker 3010DS

Oh, a question for those of you with TPMS experience. dose anyone know if the EEZ T55 is compatible with nitrogen filled tires?
slamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #22
Too old to be too smart

There is absolutely no reason that it wouldn't be.

Why would 98% nitrogen be any different than 79%?

Pop

2000 F-350 7.3L CC/LB 4WD Lariat 3.73's
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #23

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
I agree,,,,pure nitrogen is inert and not a threat at all.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Before you buy from Amazon check out greatrvproducts.com. No tax and free shipping and I think a three year warranty.
been searching tonight and GreatRVproduts does have the best price I can find,....TST 507rv w/six sensors/replaceable batteries(link below),... $279.00/no tax/free shipping/and they take PayPal, ... went there earlier when I read your post, ... thanks for the info ..... I'm sold on the 507rv and will be ordering very soon, .....

TST 507

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:23 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
I tell everyone I meet the value of a good TPMS. I have TST 507 but there are others that are probably just as good. Just make sure you trust whatever brand you get

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
X2. Good recommendation.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #26

Had a blow out last week, the TPMS gave me a warning that I missed. One tire all of a sudden was 7 degree higher then the other tire on that side, then a little bit later, the pressure dropped 2 psi. I was thinking OK, I better slow down and look for an exit but then all of a sudden it was back to normal. Dang I thought the sensor must have been messing up, then a short time later we heard the BAM! That tire blew out.

Fast forward to today, brand new tires, headed to our next campground and as usual I am watching the TPMS. All of a sudden one tire pressure drops 4 psi. I am thinking OK, here we go again but this time the Temp was the same the whole time. I pull over and look at the tire and see nothing, swap sensors and it is not the sensor. Fill the tire and eat lunch, Measure again and it is down 5 psi but the other tires had dropped 2-3 PSI also, (must have been from cooling off). Anyway I scratch my head and have my wife pull the truck forward and sure enough, out of sight was a big old screw in the tire. If I didn't have the TPMS, I would have drove another 125 miles on a tire losing air. Well worth the money spent for it.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:03 AM   #27

I admit that I'm not very bright, when I replaced the batteries I thought that I would have to reprogram the sensors. I was not looking forward to that, I changed the batteries and the sensors came back to what they were set at. Dumb me I have to read the instructions more than once to set the sensor

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #28
Too old to be too smart

Quote:
I admit that I'm not very bright, when I replaced the batteries I thought that I would have to reprogram the sensors. I was not looking forward to that, I changed the batteries and the sensors came back to what they were set at. Dumb me I have to read the instructions more than once to set the sensor
The sensor's digital address is hard-coded into it, and won't ever change.

Pop

2000 F-350 7.3L CC/LB 4WD Lariat 3.73's
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #29

What if your TV has the sensors built in and your TT only has one axle w/2 tires? Anyone recommend a 2 sensor kit worth looking at?
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palms View Post
What if your TV has the sensors built in and your TT only has one axle w/2 tires? Anyone recommend a 2 sensor kit worth looking at?
TST 507RV 4 Sensors

TST 507

you'll have two spare sensors,...... , well maybe one if you put one on the spare tire, sounds like a perfect fit for a single axle trailer,....

ps: I see on that site you can remove two sensors and reduce $50,..... but I'd go with the 4, put one on the spare tire and you still have one spare sensor,.....

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:25 PM   #31

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the 507 and 507RV lines?
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:04 AM   #32

I'm planning on getting two more sensors, one for the spare tire and one for the air bladder on the TrailAir pin box. I think I'll get the flow through, they cost the same and that way when I buy new tires for the truck I'll put them on the truck

Old 12-04-2016, 11:16 PM   #33

There is a reason the government mandated all passenger vehicles made after 2007 to have tpms. One for safety and second for fuel savings. I don't know why rv's don't have the same laws applied.
Toytec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toytec View Post
There is a reason the government mandated all passenger vehicles made after 2007 to have tpms. One for safety and second for fuel savings. I don't know why rv's don't have the same laws applied.

I know one reason, one ton vehicles and above are not required to have them installed from the factory

Old 12-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #35

Stupid Me!

Because I did not have a tire pressure gauge I trust and did not want to loose any nitrogen in my brand new tires on our brand new mini lite 2106S, I did not check them. I assumed they were inflated to the cold 50 lbs. psi specified. I foolishly trusted my RV Dealer and/or Forest River to deliver a 'road ready' camper.

Before our 4-day Thanksgiving get-away I installed the EeZRV TP&TMS on both the truck and camper. As expected, I needed to 'tune' the truck tire's pressure. I'll leave the expletives running through my mind to you, when I found all five camper tires inflated to only 32 psi. I had no choice but to add normal compressed air. What a difference it made! The camper was easier to pull and much more responsive to back up. The peace of mind and improved handling are worth every penny of this system.

I hope mixing air and nitrogen is acceptable because I get rather funny looks when I ask about finding nitrogen in our neck of the N. Georgia hills.
RoadKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #36
larryandamy

Tire pressure monitors

I did not know that the government mandated TPSM's.
I am not a fan of government regulation of things like this.
Yes, they are good to have and do provide some improved safety margin.
But I don't put this into the same category as seat belts or motorcycle helmets.

Hopefully this new government will stop telling me what I need to have going forward and maybe prices will even come down some.

I am getting TPSM's because I have a dually now and a visual walk around doesn't tell me if the inner tire inflation is OK.

I worked in the high tech semiconductor industry and automotive semiconductors are the highest growing market for the past 7 years.
Tech is great, but I don't like it to be forced down my throat.
larryandamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #37

Amen about the Govt.
RE tire inflation - A visual will only tell you if the tire is 'way under inflated. You'd probably be better off 'whackin each tire with a tire iron or pipe and comparing the bounce and sound. -just 'sayn
Old 12-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #38

I think Uncle Sam gets into our lives to much, I don't see why I have to wear a seat belt.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:55 PM   #39
Commercial Member

Re Government rules.

I hear a lot of folks complaining about the 'Big bad Government" intruding in our lives. In the case of mandating seat belts and TPMS and air bags these safety devices are there because hundreds were killing themselves, their children and family members and even sometimes even others because they were not being responsible and taking reasonable precautions.

25 to 55% of vehicles on the road are running under inflated. A lot of SUV's a number of years ago were driving around with only 50% of the pressure they needed so tires were failing.

Air bags were mandated because even after belts and harnesses were provided and many states mandated their use too many people were being independent or "macho" and still dying because they failed to wear belts. air bags alone are not as good as belts but are better than nothing and with belts are very good at saving lives.

RVs Vehicles over 10,000 do not have the requirement for TPMS for a couple of reasons. At high weights the vehicles are usually commercial vehicles that are maintained and driven by professionals. There were also probably many RV companies that didn't want to spend the $ to help keep their customers alive so there was lobbying done to cut off the requirement at 10k#.

Running tires low on air shortens tire life and can result in tire failure. A tire can go from OK inflation level to low enough to fail in just a few minutes so even checking every stop isn't often enough.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:05 PM   #40

Good to know, Thanks

Tags
pressure, tire