Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #21

We bought our 2012 FR Solera MB (Murphy Bed) in July 2012 and love it. We've traveled over 21,000 miles and have enjoyed the comfort of having our own "home" where ever we are on our journey!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:06 PM   #22

We have a 128s a frame and we just love it we look forward to the times we can get out and go camping Doug + Sandi
Dsfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengirl View Post
We bought our 2012 FR Solera MB (Murphy Bed) in July 2012 and love it. We've traveled over 21,000 miles and have enjoyed the comfort of having our own "home" where ever we are on our journey!
Is the Murphy bed a full queen? I don't know why they don't use them in more applications. I would have so much more room in our MH if they did.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #24

I have a Cedar Creek and the thing I like about this camper I can call Cedar Creek and they will help me. It's nice to call someone that will help. I'm having a problem with my shower and I called up today and was told I was using the wrong sealer on the shower and he would send me a tube, free. The parts that the dealer ordered is at the dealer, now all I have to do is call dealer and set up appointment. But this is not the first time Cedar Creek came through for me, they have saved me time and money. Thanks Cedar Creek!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:24 AM   #25

Third year with our Rockwood 2306. Had to reseal the exterior range vent hood - dealer reimbursed for caulk. Outside of that, just routine maintenance.

Sometimes I read the "catastrophe" posts here and think we must be one of the lucky ones. ;^)
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Control
tony5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I have a Wildcat 327CK that we just love. It had a few minor issues at the start but the dealer and Wildcat stepped up to promptly corrected them. After a year and 9,000 miles we discovered a couple of cracks in the side walls. I could be ugly about it but I'm not. Wildcat is picking it up from my home in Upper Michigan this fall, repairing it, and delivering it to my winter home in Arizona. That way I can enjoy the South West during the winter and return to Michigan with it in the spring. Issues? Yes! But Wildcat steps up and happily takes care it.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #27
Senior Senior Member

Our first two years were in a Shadow Cruiser..... it was okay but after upgrading to our new FR Super V, we can see the many improvements in design and quality of build. Like an earlier poster mentioned, being a bit of a DIYer is a great advantage to have. Ours did not come with an outside vented exhaust fan over the stove/oven. I think that's due to the V front. So I have added a power vent in the kitchen and now it's a perfect camper for us. FR should make a front kitchen power vent a standard feature.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:49 PM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
So number one do not curse at me! And number two if this is your only recourse you may have a problem. This site is not owned by FR and may or may not be monitored.
I assume that the 10 or so threads aren't enough places to complain so by all means just jump all over one that I set up. Go for it. Complain all you want. How about you just take the entire forum and complain. How is my settings up a thread asking for positive feed back infringing on your ability to complain? Whatever. If you don't see it I'm wasting my breath. I don't like complainers. They waste time and energy. Do something about it! Talk to FR. Ask for advice. Contact an attorney if it's that bad. Sell your rig and buy from someone that is up to your standards.
I only asked that on a topic I choose that it remains on topic. Is that really worth a "WTF"

We have loved our Sierra from the day we brought it home. In the first year we only had a couch cushion and a bigger breaker installed on the hydraulic pump, under warranty. I had a couple things replaced at Goshen, but most of it was what Sierra thought should be replaced, not what I asked service for. The 4 camping seasons that we've used our trailer have been absolutely great! I'm on this forum for fun, fellowship, and to lend some advice if possible. I agree, the masses are unheard on this forum because they have no reason to be here. FR didn't overtake Heartland in sales this year by not producing an overall quality product.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #29

I called Cedar Creek on Monday of this week and told them that the shower was leaking around it. I told them I had tried to fix it and told them what I had tried to fix it with. They told what I used was the wrong kind and told me they would send me a tube of what they recommend. I got the tube this morning, that sure was nice of them. Now I have to wait until DW gets home so she can supervise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:39 PM   #30
Site Team

The site team has removed several posts that are blatantly off-topic, trolling, and plain rude. Please refrain from posting such and keep this thread on topic for what it was intended for.

This is a friendly forum and offers much help. If you read a thread, where you can't offer help or contribute to the subject...then it's probably best to find another thread where you can.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #31

I do have one complaint, and that is that I live in the coldest part of Canada so I can only use my Rockwood 8310SS from May long to SEPT long. And that I am not retired yet (ok - 2 complaints). And that the CDN$ is only worth $0.75 USD$, so I cant afford to travel south with ROCKY yet (ok - 3 complaints). But for ROCKY? She is a dream come true! We love her, and our dealer is awesome! This is our first time/year owning an RV of any kind, and we are kicking ourselves we didn't start years ago while the kids were still home (ok - 4th and last complaint)!

PS. I don't see the forum as much as a complaint department, but an educational forum where I get to learn from you experienced folks, how to improve my experience, and deal with the challenges that may or may not face me down the road. I thank you all!

Nights Glamped - 2015 - 24
Nights Glamped - 2016 - 2018 - Seasonal
Nights Glamped - 2019 - on the road again!!
wpgman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:47 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Is the Murphy bed a full queen? I don't know why they don't use them in more applications. I would have so much more room in our MH if they did.
It's a bit shorter than a full queen, but my hubby is 6'2" and has no troubles sleeping in it. The mattress is as thick as a residential one and we find it very comfortable. We love the extra room the MB gives us. It also allows for a nice sized bathroom in the back, and decent living and galley space. We have cabinets above the cab, too, so we have plenty of inside storage. Word was they quit making them because of something do with changes in the Sprinter chassis. (Don't quote me on that ... it was something like that anyway.)
Old 08-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #33

PS. I don't see the forum as much as a complaint department, but an educational forum where I get to learn from you experienced folks, how to improve my experience, and deal with the challenges that may or may not face me down the road. I thank you all![/QUOTE]

We couldn't agree more! We've learned so much from so many experienced folks on the forum and we're very grateful!!
Old 08-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #34

I love my cherokee grey wolf 27rr Toy hauler. It really is half ton towable. I've taken it cross country to yellowstone and multiple weekends. No issues. Great product. I just wish I was retired and able to use it more.
Rhoadzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #35

We love our Forester. Had a couple of issues the first few trips. The dealer seemed slow and unfeeling to our issues, but after talking to the Forest River representative our camper was repaired within 24 hours. Again Forest River came through. Thanks Forest River
5hfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #36

We sure enjoy our Berkshire. Just right for the two of us and occasional visitors.

Forest River factory staff are always responsive for the few issues we have had.
Even the DW raves about FR to people we meet in campgrounds as providing the best support anyone could expect.
It is fun to drive this diesel beast down the highway too.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #37

We love being in our RV. We were in a Bounder for 10 years and are now in a 2014 Georgetown XL 360. My DH says he believes it is the best looking RV on the market. He says the front end and the color scheme are the best. I look at the inside - very upscale. Porcelain tile floor, dark cabinets, I could go on and on. But you get the picture. Fantastic bang for our buck!
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:01 AM   #38

I love my sunseeker MH and I've really lived in it(over 5mo in the year we've had it). I've loved doing mods to it and have had good luck with our dealer and the dealer in Wyoming fixing the few problems I've had. I find it easy to drive, too. Good on ya ,FR!
Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:12 AM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

We love Forest River...especially after trading in our old, tiny, camper and seeing that there is a company that doesn't skimp on everything in their camper.

Of course there have been some minor problems but we figure it's a luxury hotel bedroom on a metal frame so of course some things may need tweaking.

We are anxious to be retired-retired and start coloring in our map of the USA (and Canada) as we start exploring far outside our Western USA region! (Probably be able to be retired-retired in about 10-years so in the meanwhile we're doing as much practicing as possible! :-)
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:16 AM   #40
Just a member

It's becoming somewhat of a PITA for all the niggly stuff (shelf reconstruction, trim popping off etc) but otherwise we're still quite enamored with the now old girl. She's seen plenty of rough and tumble miles and as yet has not failed to provide us with a comfy home away from home sanctuary. I could go on ad nauseam about production deficiencies but that would be pointless. The RV industry is what it is. The product we tolerate reflects our collective willingness to continue buying up their inventory and until that changes...

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote