Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 12:56 PM   #1

I Quit!

Farewell!

We finally decided to get rid of the rig. The bottom line for us was that there were just too many quality issues and the serviceability was poor. broken seats, broken drawers, awful electrical (wiring) connections, screws falling out in many places, A/C on when the heat is on, plastic where there should be ceramic... The TV in the main cabin never had a clear picture when connected to the shore cable- the dealer said they would need to cut through walls to find the problem. The recliner broke and they could not get replacement parts, so they quoted us $1300 for a replacement! The main sink faucet leaked and I had to fix it myself. The main door never closed properly. The heating was never adequate in the main living room (barely a whisper) and ducting in the storage area fell down repeatedly...

I spent over 5K in solar upgrades including lithium batteries to run the residential fridge and the 1200 watt inverter failed on several occasions.

The last straw was from Forest River warranty department: “we will not honor any service after the first year of ownership”. Even after they were never able to correct the MANY problems with the rig over the period of the first year, they just threw up their hands and acknowledged that the build of the unit was poor...

We took a bath on this POS and traded it in (at Camping World) and purchased a Jayco North Pointe. I hope we do not have similar issues.

Good luck with your rig.

LD
Old 01-17-2021, 08:18 PM   #2
Site Team

Thread Closed per following Forum rule

"Customer Disputes:*This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Forest River products in an effort to learn from others with similar issues, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Forest River, Forest River products, or Forest River owners is strictly forbidden."
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Closed Thread