Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #1

I think it's gonna be a short summer!

Here in the NE it's been a miserable long winter, bitter cold and did I say long! We brought our new Rockwood home and have been driveway camping if you can call loading it up with everything we took out of the old trailer camping. While it's been sunny, it's friggen cold! Temps in the low 30's during the day and into the low 20's over night and windy which adds insult to injury. First trip is Mother's Day and hoping by then it gets into at least the 50's. Global warming my ars!
Old 03-24-2018, 05:49 PM   #2

We live in Missouri. 42* today and raining all weekend. First trip planned for end of April at Indian Point in Branson. Hoping it warms up a little by then. Cancelled 3 trips last year due to weather. Hoping for a better camping season this year. Good luck to you!!!
Troy, Josie and our 2 K9 co-pilots Breck and Maggie
USN 86-92
3 nights camped so far in 2020
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #3

We live in the Appalachian Mountains of Va and our friends purchased a new to them fifth wheel in December and weren't able to take it out. They had a trip planned locally for this weekend. We went down last night (30 miles away) and had a campfire with them. We left about 10:30. There was one other camper in the park.

We awoke this morning to about 3" of snow, temps in the low 30s. It has snowed and rained all day long. Temp tonight is also supposed to be in the high 20s, low 30s.

Our first trip is planned for the 12th of April and we sure hope the snow and cold are gone by then!

Usually, the week of Thanksgiving is our last trip of the year unless we happen to head south for Christmas. We normally have temps in the mid 20's at night, but warms to the mid 60s during the day.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:40 PM   #4
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briyoung View Post
Here in the NE it's been a miserable long winter, bitter cold and did I say long! We brought our new Rockwood home and have been driveway camping if you can call loading it up with everything we took out of the old trailer camping. While it's been sunny, it's friggen cold! Temps in the low 30's during the day and into the low 20's over night and windy which adds insult to injury. First trip is Mother's Day and hoping by then it gets into at least the 50's. Global warming my ars!
It's Climate Change, not global warming. Even though the average global temperature has risen. The main thing if you would notice is areas which should be colder, like Alaska has had record highs in the winter season. Here where I live in Wisconsin the snowmobile trails were open only a week because of lack of snow. NE area has had 4 major snowstorms in the past 30 days. Hurricanes and tornadoes are becoming stronger and more numerous. And droughts are in areas they were never in before. Water temperatures in the oceans are higher than ever recorded, and glaciers all over the world are melting faster than ever.

Some say the Arctic will be passable for ships to travel making the Panama Canal obsolete within the next decade, some say sooner.

Just for something else to think about, how is the Great Pacific Garbage Patch affecting temperatures in the ocean?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/world...ntl/index.html

Great Pacific Garbage Patch, floating 'island' of trash in ocean, is now twice the size of Texas | Fox News
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #5

I was thinking the same thing. The say the storms will be worse and the 100 year hurricanes such as hit Houston will happen every decade now..lovely

Rockwood ultra lite 2440ws
2014 Toyota Tundra 4wd v8 5.7
reese hitch
reese revolution on rv
Bose04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #6

I'm starting to think that the axis of the earth has shifted and the governments just won't tell us. LOL
Camping
2017- 27 days,2018- 100 days, 2019- 35 days
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #7

Someone is going to want to chop my head off, but the climate has been changing, unrelated to humans, since the beginning of time. Remember the ice age? We have only been recording temps since 1850, the same time my great grandfather was born. Temps are currently recorded in many areas with a lot of paved areas and buildings, which retain heat. Older temps were not so affected by that. Theories abound, but time will tell whether theories are in fact truth. It’s still too early to tell. And yes, I have a doctoral degree, so I’m not uneducated.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:59 PM   #8

LOL

reese hitch
reese revolution on rv
Old 03-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #9
Old Engineer

Global warming happens every day when the SUN come up, as it has for eons.
Also ever since the last ice age, and until the next ice age begins.

Climate change as detailed by the political class is a political agenda, nothing more.
FleckDreher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 04:04 PM   #10

Okey Dokey. To get back to Rvimg lets hope it is a warm and not to wet summer. Happy Trails

reese hitch
reese revolution on rv
Old 03-25-2018, 06:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
Someone is going to want to chop my head off, but the climate has been changing, unrelated to humans, since the beginning of time. Remember the ice age? We have only been recording temps since 1850, the same time my great grandfather was born. Temps are currently recorded in many areas with a lot of paved areas and buildings, which retain heat. Older temps were not so affected by that. Theories abound, but time will tell whether theories are in fact truth. It’s still too early to tell. And yes, I have a doctoral degree, so I’m not uneducated.
But Al Gore and Suzuki can't make millions off that narrative.
Cold Lake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:08 PM   #12

In other words lets knock off the political talk. This site is not for that purpose

reese hitch
reese revolution on rv
Old 03-25-2018, 06:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleckDreher View Post
Global warming happens every day when the SUN come up, as it has for eons.
Also ever since the last ice age, and until the next ice age begins.

Climate change as detailed by the political class is a political agenda, nothing more.
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:19 PM   #14

Well we are on our 4th trip of the year. So enjoying our camping in cooler temps. At Lake Murray in Oklahoma last week and only 6 rv in the park an it holds over 100 spots. Was very nice for a change. Will start our 5th trip next week if not rained out will be at Caddo lake in East Texas. Sorry our fellow campers up north are still in winter.
RSBivings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:30 PM   #15

Thanks. can’t wait for warmer weather. Have had plenty of time to plan our trips though.

reese hitch
reese revolution on rv
Old 03-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #16
Conservative Warrior

Totally agree time for winter to leave. I live in the SW, and can only imagine what the NE is going thru. But April is a great month to hit the road. Hoping everyone God speed any many happy camping memories in 2018. Not into climate change or global warning, BBQing as much as I can
Vegasmailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to B and B
We are hoping for April 6th ourselves. The first parks open then.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:46 AM   #18

I'm totally jealous of the person who said they're on the 4th trip this year already! Our camper is still in the driveway with the cover on and snow which refuses to melt off the top. (This is western Pa, by the way). First trip scheduled to the end of April. . . come on spring!!! (Real spring, not like the the second day of spring here when we got 8" of snow).
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #19

Sorry folks. We live in South Central Texas, we've taken our new to us Roo out twice this yr so far and are heading out again this weekend. It was neg 6 degrees in Illinois where we drove to buy it. I guess the trade off is, that it'll be in the 90s and 100s in a month or so here, until October. Yuck. Not fun camping weather. Happy camping....
Timan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #20

we had 6 inches of snow on march 17th and then we had another 4 inches last Friday night, tonight they are calling for a change of freezing rain and then snow again next weekend for Easter.
The fiver is still in storage but it would be nice to even think about getting ready

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote