Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Always Learning

Post I Want Pictures of RV Storage Sheds/Buildings

Because it's cold out, I want to think of happy things. We're thinking of moving in a year or two out to the "country" (as much as you can and still be in the suburbs of Baltimore and Washington) where we can put up a pole building/storage shed for the camper. I've got some ideas in mind of what I'm after:

- 60' long so that the 42' FW and truck can be hitched and still inside
- tall enough to work on top of the FW
- 14' (tall) x 12' (wide) doors on both ends for a pull-thru
- a second extra-wide door so the truck could be parked in it's own spot instead (it's one of our two vehicles and get driving fairly regularly)
- wide enough inside space so that all slides can be deployed (we have curb and driver's side slides)
- water + electric (50amp) hookups
- sewer hookup would be ideal, but I could make use of a macerator and pump the stuff somewhere (though, if that's the route I go - I'd like to hard-plumb all of the fittings so it wouldn't be a hose running across the yard)

I was thinking of also maybe getting crazy and instead of the 2nd "extra wide" door, making it another 14' x 12' door so that someone else with a FW/TT could park there. BUT, the reality of it actually getting used is pretty slim to none.

I also have pretty limited tools and workshop needs that I'd like to support - band saw, work benches, etc. I've built a couple of kayaks and would love to get back into that.

I'd love to see what buildings/pictures you all have done. Share!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Owner/Operator

Here's one of the Ag Building I had in Yuma, AZ. Have the same building here in Chino Valley, AZ but no pictures. Actually I do have some pictures, but can't find them. LOL

SORRY. Couldn't get the picture to post, but if you look at my profile "Chino Valley" album, the picture is there.

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
Always Learning

RodeoGeorge, looks good!

It's a little more utilitarian outside than I'm looking. I'm thinking of running a porch off one end so that we have a seating area/whatnot.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #4

Doesn't show the outside but here is our Tt and tv tucked away inside for the winter

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3811060407.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	23742

Name:	image-2427143101.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	23741
campfirefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfirefun View Post
Doesn't show the outside but here is our Tt and tv tucked away inside for the winter
Out of curiosity- how long is your camper (end to end) and how big is your building? How tall is it inside? And... what else do you use the building for?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #6

Storing inside in colder climates opens you up to mice. The majority of my friends have pulled their campers from pole barns and inside storage for just that reason...
Plug32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

Out of curiosity- how long is your camper (end to end) and how big is your building? How tall is it inside? And... what else do you use the building for?
It 40x32. The down side it only has one 14 foot door. Really would be nice to have a 2 doors or bays if you will. I basically use it for,storage trailer, lawn mower tractor small little work bench area
Old 02-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #8

The trailer is 30 feet long forgot that
Old 02-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #9

Here's what happens,when years ago, you tell yourself "we are never going to own a 5th wheel over 30 ft"
torben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #10

You can check out the picture of our barn/RV storage building in my profile album. I had built a 20X40 horse barn when the kids were little . It was of pole construction. I pulled all the pole up on one side and widened it and also changed the roof pitch. These modifications made the space higher and wider . I didn't put a door on it but rather extended the side the Georgetown is parked in by 8'. That extension provides enough space to keep the Colorado snow at bay. I haven't had rodent issues. When we want to use our rig when we need that extra space when we have guests we move it up to the house where we have a 50 amp service. Eventually I will need to upgrade the access road to the barn since getting the RV out of the barn in wet or snowy situations in our adobe soil is sketchy at best.
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by torben View Post
Here's what happens,when years ago, you tell yourself "we are never going to own a 5th wheel over 30 ft"
Ouch! Did you end up extending the building?

I'm already at a 42' FW so going longer will put me into a carny trailer. I like to believe that won't happen! But, I'm also thinking I'd like the space long enough for the truck and camper (58 1/2' hooked up), so I'll have room to spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERBOB
You can check out the picture of our barn/RV storage building in my profile album. I had built a 20X40 horse barn when the kids were little . It was of pole construction. I pulled all the pole up on one side and widened it and also changed the roof pitch. These modifications made the space higher and wider . I didn't put a door on it but rather extended the side the Georgetown is parked in by 8'.
Thanks for the pictures.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #12

RVStorage

This is where we park our SunnyBrook T/T...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	front view.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	23955  
Attached Images

LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #13
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
This is where we park our SunnyBrook T/T...
Looks good and it's definitely economical. My "second Mom" has gotten after me that the RV could be an indication when we're out of town (ie- being a clue for thieves to break into our house). Shrugs- she's a worrier, but we love her.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #14

Security

This is in a gated community in north georgia with security also...we have second lot just behind this one where we park out Crusader 270RET..there are around 200 RV's in our little resort camp. It is named, Talking Rock Creek RV Resort and is located close to Carter's Lake in North Georgia close to Ellijay..we have members that live all over the united states and leave their coach's here year round.. We have never had a break in or theft of any kind the two years we have been here..also did I tell you we have two pools, trout streams and large clubhouse....
Regards..

Quote:
Looks good and it's definitely economical. My "second Mom" has gotten after me that the RV could be an indication when we're out of town (ie- being a clue for thieves to break into our house). Shrugs- she's a worrier, but we love her.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
Always Learning

I miss trout fishing!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #16

fishing

You would love it here then..also, Carter's Lake near by is the deepest and cleanest lake you will ever see..There are not home anywhere on or around the lake..such a joy not to see butts, cans, bottles or wrappers floating in the water....think you could almost drink the water right out of it...

Quote:
I miss trout fishing!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #17
Denver, CO

Storage condo

This is my storage condo. It's 14 by 50 and fits my 5 er and the truck all hooked up. We have 28 units total of which about half heve trailers, cars watch. And the other has small business like landscape etc.

Great stuff, has heat and electric.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	24100  
Old 02-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #18
Denver, CO

Pic2

More pics
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	250
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	24101  
Old 02-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
Denver, CO

More pics (last)

More pic
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	242
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24102  
Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #20

I built this for my Berkshire..... Just back MH into it, plug in and I'm good to go....

Name:	image-320062762.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	24106
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
building, shed, storage