Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 06:29 AM   #1

I Was Given a Warning from the Site Team

This past Sunday evening I was given a warning by the Site Team for violating forum rules and guidelines. I got out of control and posted some not-so-friendly comments on a thread in response to some comments by another Member.

My posts caused the thread to be shut down from view while the Site Team went through it to clean it up in an attempt to salvage it. I believe this took them quite some time and effort. They also had to spend a lot of time, working together, deciding how they should deal with me. I truly regret causing the Site Team to have to spend their time to straighten-out something that I messed-up.

I also regret and apologize to everybody here for getting out-of-line and turning a good conversation into an argument for my own selfish gratification. I am sorry — It will not happen again.

I also want to thank the Site Team for not just giving me the boot and kicking me out of here for good, like they could have. I really enjoy this forum and realize that I am not the only person here that wants to be able to enjoy it. I am very happy that the Site Team decided to give me a chance to show that I am not as selfish as I appeared to be.

Thank you, all. I am sorry.

Bruce
Old 03-26-2019, 06:46 AM   #2
Kasual Kamper

It took guts to admit your mistake publicly. We all get testy sometime. I think the folks here do a great job of keeping things on an even keel. Seeing your post count, I sure that they felt you've been a great contributor and in the final analysis, that's what this place is all about... contributing!
Old 03-26-2019, 06:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
It took guts to admit your mistake publicly. We all get testy sometime. I think the folks here do a great job of keeping things on an even keel. Seeing your post count, I sure that they felt you've been a great contributor and in the final analysis, that's what this place is all about... contributing!
Well said. X2

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
Old 03-26-2019, 07:01 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

We all wander down the wrong path at times and it often takes a little guidance. Glad to see you still posting and contributing to this forum. Thanks for your admissions.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 03-26-2019, 07:14 AM   #5

Nice to have you sticking around. I think we've all been sucked into some ridiculous debate at times and lost sight of who we wanted to be. Even if we were right. Lol
Andersen hitch
Old 03-26-2019, 07:23 AM   #6

Nice and very stand up of you to post this, I know there have been a few times when I typed out a reply and actually proof read it and then decide not to go thru with it and just back out of it thinking what trouble will I get myself into. Good for you and keep posting and adding great info to our community.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:37 AM   #7
RCW

It takes a big person to do this! You have my respect!

I think a lot of people are suffering for cabin fever. I have noticed a higher than normal amount of snarky remarks on the forums I am a member of.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:38 AM   #8

Teaching moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
This past Sunday evening I was given a warning by the Site Team for violating forum rules and guidelines. I got out of control and posted some not-so-friendly comments on a thread in response to some comments by another Member.

My posts caused the thread to be shut down from view while the Site Team went through it to clean it up in an attempt to salvage it. I believe this took them quite some time and effort. They also had to spend a lot of time, working together, deciding how they should deal with me. I truly regret causing the Site Team to have to spend their time to straighten-out something that I messed-up.

I also regret and apologize to everybody here for getting out-of-line and turning a good conversation into an argument for my own selfish gratification. I am sorry — It will not happen again.

I also want to thank the Site Team for not just giving me the boot and kicking me out of here for good, like they could have. I really enjoy this forum and realize that I am not the only person here that wants to be able to enjoy it. I am very happy that the Site Team decided to give me a chance to show that I am not as selfish as I appeared to be.

Bruce
Bruce, turn the page... we all make mistakes!
Old 03-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #9
Gold Tee Box

You can color me guilty also at times

When I was still working and wanted to really air something out, I'd let it all out in an email, but only send it to myself! Then I'd look at it the next morning and decide what I really wanted to send...but it felt good to get it out that way!

Old 03-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #10

I have been given a warning by the site team, I can’t remember one or two. Sometimes I let my alligator mouth overload my parakeet brain. I have been known to get carried away. DW thinks I post to much, I’m beginning to think she is right.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:50 AM   #11

Thanks Bruce. I have been banned from some political sites for thinking like a Democrat. It is best not to post when you have been drinking, or upset about something else. Forums provide a way to express our opinions. Make sure what you are posting is not related to something else.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:17 AM   #12

I'm the Second half of the scandal and guilty of allowing words to get to me . It's very easy to get off track with a snide comment or down right mean comment . Seems to happen all to often and it also seems it chases away people from asking questions and posting comments for fear of someone jumping all over them for a post that's been discussed all ready or feeling that we're right and everybody else is wrong . It's not ok to attack someone personally when you don't truly know them. To many seem to only see one side and one way when in fact there are most always more then one way or different situations in each RV to many variables to Assume one is right all the time . anyway Sorry for my part in this and from now on it's move on
Old 03-26-2019, 11:33 AM   #13
D W

I'll just say this,... in this day and age if we could all just agree to disagree, with civility, then life would be a whole more enjoyable.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
Old 03-26-2019, 11:33 AM   #14

A lot of us are guilty of this, I have even had some not so nice comments typed up and then deleted them, once I even posted it then immediately edit the comment and removed the bad part. Move on and enjoy life. I was once told by my divorce lawyer (I know right, I am pretty sure she billed me for that advice ) "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it is all small stuff", compared to some of the problems some folks are having.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #15

When I shower each morning I pay particular attention to washing my feet. I never know when I'm going to end up with one in my mouth

It takes a lot of character for one to step forward and apologize. It's nice to know there are people of character here

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 03-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #16

Quote:

Bruce

Bruce,

I didn't see that thread nor participate in it. I will say this though... we're all human and sometimes (as my father use to tell me) we need to be knocked off our white horse and brought back to earth.

Point is, don't fret it, clearly the admins thought you were worth giving another chance to.

Have a great day!

Mark
Old 03-26-2019, 12:27 PM   #17

I am impressed with both you guys. So glad you have been the kind of people who like me, make mistakes. I hope I get to camp next to both of you guys.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:29 PM   #18

Quote:

Bruce

I thought I was the only one that got talked too by the site team. I have put my foot in my mouth more than once. What I do is just send a pm and say what I want that way no one else knows what I said but one. Some things I say on the forum I regret saying, when I send a pm I don’t regret that. It would be great if we could all agree to disagree occasionally. If we all agreed there would be only be one camper model and one truck model (Ford Dually).
Old 03-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #19

Well done.

Wow. Well said. Proud to know you and God Bless.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #20

It took your responsibility to relies that you was wrong and for thatyou still have my respect.I have got that way on others sites and I took my responsibly to
Closed Thread