Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #1

If I knew then what I know now

In 2 years we pulled our 27WP for over 20,000 miles and enjoyed it all. Now we are contemplating moving on up. We now know exactly what we want (and dont want) in a new unit and of course nothing is made like that. Id like to hear from folks about designing and ordering a new unit. Pros and Cons, Dollars and Cents, anything else you can pass on.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
Always Learning

I can safely say- from building an actual stick-and-brick how, you will never know entirely what you want. Light switches will be in the wrong place, or another window here, or not one here, etc.

That said, I can only imagine that ordering a 100% custom unit is spendy as heck. Could be worthwhile to have something built that is almost exactly what you want. I've had a design in my mind for a while, but couldn't justify a custom build unless I tried to build it myself (w/ help, of course).
Old 09-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #3

I dont mean actually building it myself. I really mean choose an existing unit and have it built special by leaving off the options we dont want and adding the things we do want
Old 09-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
I dont mean actually building it myself. I really mean choose an existing unit and have it built special by leaving off the options we dont want and adding the things we do want
That's easy to do. The dealer can provide a list of the options and/or option packages for the model you are interested in. Configure your RV, come to an agreement on the price you'll pay, and place the order.
Ham_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #5

The options are mindblowing...or at least pocket-book blowing. It would be hard for me to build one.

There are a few options i would not live without. 2 a/c units, outdoor kitchen, slide toppers. The rest I can push or pull. I would like more outdoor storage, but you give up something.
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #6

I'd add thermopane windows to the list. It was high on our list when we ordered our 5er. Keep in mind there are dealer installed items that aren't on the factory list of options too.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote