Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgl

Post up some photos when you have a chance.

Just curious how much did you save thru RVW vs buying local?

BTW Travel safe on your return trip.
We talked to a local person in Colorado Springs who'd bought a 2012 model identical to ours (except they added aluminum wheels) from our local dealer. They paid $18,500 plus tax. We paid $14,700 from RVW for ours, so even factoring in the ~$700 cost of our trip it was worth it for us to save somewhere around $3k.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy6
We were at RVW today also. Don't know if I saw you. Had some issues with our Roo19. I have a seperate post called "issues picking up Roo today..." If anyone has any suggestions or experience with a similar issue I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks
What a bummer. Sounds like they're trying to make it right, but I can imagine the frustration still given it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDog66
PG Rider,
Glad to hear all went well for you. TT looks great and probably a really good call to go back for the Equalizer. Did you grab a 1K/10K or 600/6K

I've heard good things about the Ridgelines.

By the way it's time to update your signature...
They sold me the 1K/10K, even though I "suggested" I only needed the 1K given the ~3800lb weight and the maybe 350lb tongue weight. They all looked dumbfounded about using the 6K/600, and even said they didn't think they had one. They assured me the 1K/10K would be fine, and so far so good.

Speaking of weights, I couldn't find the sticker with my "as delivered" weight. Any suggestions? The stickers on the screen door and outside of the trailer only quote the 3700lb dry weight. Planning to hit a CAT scale soon; would have done it on the road today but it was too cold to be outside hitching and unhitching for weight purposes.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan
PG Rider, perhaps you and other Ridgeline owners could start a email campaign to get Honda to take the anti-WDH references out of their literature.

there are other brands that have uni-body vehicles that have recommendations FOR using a WDH. only Honda has this policy.
one of the big reasons we decided on not buying a Ridgeline, even though we really loved the vehicle.

it would do a lot for raising peoples respect for the Ridgeline as a viable tow vehicle.
Interesting idea. I'm certainly planning a long, detailed post on the Ridgeline forum outlining my experience. The advice I picked up there was outright dangerous, so I want to offer up a counterpoint to the "no WDH needed" crowd.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #25
Site Team

interestingly, i was reading a recent post, on RV.net, about using a WDH with a Toyota Highlander.

there were numerous references to a Highlander owner's forum about WDH's and responses from Toyota reps.
seems that Toyota isn't as blatant as Honda about WDH's but there was a lot of flip-flopping on the subject by Toyota.

makes one wonder why the manufacturers of unibody vehicles don't seem to trust them with a WDH pulling a travel trailer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan
interestingly, i was reading a recent post, on RV.net, about using a WDH with a Toyota Highlander.

there were numerous references to a Highlander owner's forum about WDH's and responses from Toyota reps.
seems that Toyota isn't as blatant as Honda about WDH's but there was a lot of flip-flopping on the subject by Toyota.

makes one wonder why the manufacturers of unibody vehicles don't seem to trust them with a WDH pulling a travel trailer.
The manual cites a chance of misadjusting the WDH as the reason not to use it. There's no reference to the frame of the truck, so the whole thing is just weird. I have to admit -- I was waiting for my truck frame to crack when I was going over some rolling bumps on the freeway! lol
Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #27

If the sticker with the weight you speak of is yellow I believe that is the correct one from reading other posts. It lists the weight as shipped from the manufacturer with all their options (so if you ordered the convenience pkg it should include the A/C unit and the mandatory options). If you had any options added by RVW those won't be included in that number, and the weight of full propane and battery are not included either.
WD: Equalizer 1200/12K
BC: Ram OEM
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote