Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 08:59 AM   #1

I'm not sure this site is right for me

I purchased a used 2018 rockwood ultra lite 3 weeks ago. Yes I have had a couple things I have done to it. Not anything major so far . But I have noticed that some here are a bit unhelpful, they just want to reply to get everyone arguing . I joined to learn about my new/ used 5er. It seems like there would be a area here just for the rockwood, that only people with rockwoods would read the questions pertaining to a rockwood post. I'm not concerned about all the other models, or the people that just want to start an argument because I'm not talking about the big motor coaches. All I can afford is a 5er, but with that said, there are some here that are willing to help. And I thank you for that .
Old 11-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #2

I would guess that there are over 100 separate, actual brands. Just a guess. If folks could only talk on the Forum for their brand, some would have only about 10 posts a year.

There really ought to be a Forum for "Anything Lippert Makes", because that's common to all of them. Lippert made your frame, and mine. Suburban made your water heater, and mine, Dometic made your air conditioner, and mine.

Yeah, folks are chauvanistic and provincial. Whatever they buy is the best!!! And too often people ask a question about what is best, and the only answers they get are "Well, I own this or that, but I realize our situations are different". LOL. Like that's helpful! But they ARE trying to help.

And so folks argue because they think they know more than the other guy, and they want things to be right. Just overlook it.

Maybe you're one of the ones that just doesn't like any kind of confrontation or argument. Truth is, big arguments lead to lots of information, and that's where I've learned the most. You just have to have thicker skin.

Just my two cents.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 11-03-2018, 09:10 AM   #3

Go to main page, scroll down to trailers/5 th wheels. You will find a sub heading for Rockwoods.
Be aware that many systems overlap from trailers/ 5 th wheels to motorhomes and that different systems can be found under other forum headings. Don't just limit yourself to the "Rochwood" area.
No one here will "look down on you" or "avoid helping" just because you have a 5th wheel.
From simple pop ups to class a motorhomes, we all camp, so we all have something in common.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Old 11-03-2018, 09:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I would guess that there are over 100 separate, actual brands. Just a guess. If folks could only talk on the Forum for their brand, some would have only about 10 posts a year.

There really ought to be a Forum for "Anything Lippert Makes", because that's common to all of them. Lippert made your frame, and mine. Suburban made your water heater, and mine, Dometic made your air conditioner, and mine.

Yeah, folks are chauvanistic and provincial. Whatever they buy is the best!!! And too often people ask a question about what is best, and the only answers they get are "Well, I own this or that, but I realize our situations are different". LOL. Like that's helpful! But they ARE trying to help.

And so folks argue because they think they know more than the other guy, and they want things to be right. Just overlook it.

Maybe you're one of the ones that just doesn't like any kind of confrontation or argument. Truth is, big arguments lead to lots of information, and that's where I've learned the most. You just have to have thicker skin.

Just my two cents.
X2; on this in fact even different brand manufactures such Thro, Heartland and so forth use the same sub suppliers as Forest River.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #5

You certainly can’t take things personal on this site. I have received many replies that have been rude, they put you down for not knowing, or they just want to brag about themselves. You just have to ignore those replies. The majority of the members here are awesome and I have learned so much here. I could not imagine camping without being able to access so much knowledge and great help from this forum. Of course it is your choice but I think you would be missing out on a lot by not utilizing this forum. God bless.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
Site Team

To answer this for everyone, FRF and it's forums are open to all members. Each RV can/does have some similar components (water heaters, awnings, appliances, generators, just for a few example) that others may be able to help in.

It can get frustrating sometimes to "certain" members when it is a motorhome or trailer specific problem, and others reply...but it is better to have many members trying to help out one another (regardless of their RV)..which is the MAIN and OVERALL basis for our friendly and helpful forums.

We do not and will never have any subtopics that are going to be "limited" to only the owners of that certain brand/model RV. That would fly against everything that this forum is, which is RV owners/campers trying to help others.

We also have two guiding principles here on the forums, which are:

Be Courteous! Our philosophy is that we want The Forest River Forums to be an online reflection of the RV'ing community. Treat each other with respect just as you would around a campfire.

and

We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness

If members see either of these principles not being adhered to, feel free to report the post or contact any of the site team with your questions/concerns. Reported posts and Private Message's to the site team always remain confidential.

We are going to also close this thread on this note, as there is nothing else to be gleaned.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread