Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2016, 10:08 AM   #1

Install Maxx Air Delux vent on Class C ?

Hello all,

I just bought a 2016 Leprechaun 320BH - was thinking of removing the electric vent above the cab and replacing it with the Maxx Air - Deluxe 7500k smoke - The factory one has a 'one arm' lever and when in motion that fluttering drives me crazy. Any input on this MOD - or am i wasting my time? - the living area is just a crank one - so is the bedroom, so was thinking of putting the Maxx air 2 over those in smoke also.. Thanks friends

Craig - Miami FL

First RV for me - bought with 9k on it - Elmonte unit - i will have more threads coming - maintenance etc.
motorosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:22 PM   #2

You will not be wasting your time or money. Well worth it. We replaced the fan in our Lexi with one, and added a second to the bedroom area where there was a vent only (but opening was pre-wired).
Easy install, much quieter than the original 3 speed fan. With the two of them I can have one pushing air in and the second fan drawing air out...makes a nice ventaliation system.
If you do buy, look online at Amazon or several other suppliers...much much much cheaper than Camping World, in some cases almost 1/2 the price.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:42 AM   #3

Thanks for that info - Yes, i was thinking the same about the rear room. It has to have a 12v in there somewhere - the OEM one above my cab flutters too much - but it has that 'one arm' up/down - so 1 side has nothing pulling it to full closed position - these new 7500's have duel arms, right? That air leak while in motion is annoying. Especially above my head.

Size should line up fine - right? all standard 14x14. i just need patience to remove the old - i see it was already resealed - like a tan color putty - this has like a rubber type roof material - my first - being cautious - but i like to do things myself - any problems later - i'll know where to look

I looked on Amazon - crazy priced now - trying to search - would love to order asap - great weekend project.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:52 AM   #4

Yes, the MaxxAir Delux is a two arm powered support. It fits the standard 14" x 14" opening.
The hole may be pre wired for a fan. To check, just take the interior trim piece down (4 screws holding it ) and you'll see some type of metal or possibly wood surrond. If wires are not visible, run your hand behind the casing and if there you should feel them. If not, you can usually tap into a nearby ceiling light for power.
For the install, the fan pretty much comes with everything you'll need. Only extras...a tube of Dicor Self Leveling Caulk to caulk the seam and a dab over each screw head. Also, get a #2 square drive bit. Most screws on rv's are a square head design, not phillips or blade. A #2 will fit 95% of the screws on your rig.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #5

Thanks for that info - I received the 7500 - thinking of installing it today. So, no need for any tape? Just install & run a bead around the edges after install or run a bead then mount in the hole? I think if i run a bead then mouth it - probably won't sit tight - I'm assuming - mount tight then bead the boarder and the screws, correct? just wife the opening after i remove the old fan ?!?

Sorry to bother - my first time messing with the roof :/

Craig

Tags
class c, vent